KJG

Not too many years ago, the Midlands Central News always had a bit of light hearted coverage from the cleaning show. Usually the fastest window cleaner bit. In the weeks afterwards, we always got a good 15% to 20% increase in enquiries.

If you don't want to look like a tit, use your missus' email address. Here's mine.

---------------------------

Hi,

Have the Central News team have any plans for coverage of the cleaning show at the NEC? I always used to enjoy the fastest window cleaner competition with Terry "Turbo" Burrows. It was always on during the John Swallow days.

Regards,
Clair.

KJG

Not too many years ago, the Midlands Central News always had a bit of light hearted coverage from the cleaning show. Usually the fastest window cleaner bit. In the weeks afterwards, we always got a good 15% to 20% increase in enquiries.

If you don't want to look like a tit, use your missus' email address. Here's mine.

---------------------------

Hi,

Have the Central News team have any plans for coverage of the cleaning show at the NEC? I always used to enjoy the fastest window cleaner competition with Terry "Turbo" Burrows. It was always on during the John Swallow days.

Regards,
Clair.

Oops, the title appears to be to long - it's been snipped. Here's the full version.

Get Terry on the telly. Email your local tv news station asking/encouraging them to do some NEC cleaning show coverage.

williamx

What about showing wfp poles in action, get terry to clean the outside windows using ladders or cherry picker, while someone does the same with wfp, see who's faster then.

Sir Squeaky

::) God, here we go...

What's the point in that? ???

JM123

I say we shoot the next person who starts a trad v wfp argument.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Pj

Yes, fastest window cleaner with mop and squeegee is in a class of it's own.

Guinness may be interested in opening a new category for wfp, maybe who can clean the highest window from the ground?  But I'm not even remotely interested.

Pj

Hey, that's a good idea!

Set up a stall full of CIU members and throw coconuts at their heads ;D

Tosh

Doing high level stuff with a WFP is definately quicker than running up and down ladders. ;D

Terry_Burrows

;Dits true I have done stuff with them before I have made contact with them
they may just turn up on the day,or call me,its the contest they like something for them thats interesting ;D

if they do filming chances are others will :)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

williamx

::) God, here we go...

What's the point in that? ???

To show the general public what a wfp can do, there are still a lot of potential customers who don't have a clue how wfp works or that it exists, and free advertising is most welcome.

Terry_Burrows

;D central tv have just called to say they want to film at 10 on tuesday ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

williamx

Its not a argurment on trad  v wfp, after all, we already know that wfp is the best. ;D ;D ;D

Terry_Burrows

central tv said

what is wfp

I said it might mean

wallys for poles ;D :D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

jeff1

Hey, that's a good idea!

Set up a stall full of CIU members and throw coconuts at their heads ;D
I second that Pj  ;D ;D 8)

Terry_Burrows

;D will you know what wfp can do.they can give you spots ;D :o :-X

I hear there is cream for this ;D :o :-X
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Llaaww

are the windows actually dirty when you do the fastest window cleaner stuff? like bird turds and eggs and traffic film etc
if it is dirty it is fair game

Terry_Burrows

no there clean to start,its a case of none if possible water marks on the glass when done ::) this is easy when you take your time,it is near impossible,taking
just,2.50 or less seconds to clean each window and move to the next one :o

but its the fastest time that takes the money,each water mark left on the glass
adds up to be half second penalty ,on the basic time you do,if yo have 10 water marks,eg 5 seconds added on you time,thats how the world record is what it is,

9.24 seconds,I cleaned them in just 8.24 seconds and left just 2 marks adding 1 second in total,this is what is so hard about it ;D

as I said I am not in the window competition :)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Pj

as I said I am not in the window competition :)

What a coincidence...me neither.

"SECONDS"?   I thought it was minutes!!!!!!

Ian_Giles

You could never have a speed competition with WFP as you'd have to wait an hour and a half to check the results! lol
And once the glass is clean, you wouldn't even need to brush the glass to clean it, just use fan jets in a brush with high pressure...no point :-\

Done with applicator and squeegee the results are measurable and easily timed, with faults instantly spotted (no pun intended ;))

In a race under set conditions trad is way faster...no comparison whatsoever.

On day to day work as we go about our business then WFP is faster in most situations.

Some have mentioned having a race on a full house, but that is somewhat risky, in the past I've done the running up ladders 2 rungs at a time, and then sliding back down it with my feet on the outside of the ladder :o
Not recommended with a wooden ladder :o splinters! ouch! :'(

I'd love to see the telly there giving our 'Turbo' Terry some air time, would be cool ;)

At the one show I was there as Terry was posing for a couple of 'in action' pics, and I've since seen those same pics in a couple of publications...no biggy I know, but it's weird to know that I was there in the background as those pics were being taken...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Terry_Burrows

Ian I have done tuns of TV stuff over the past since 1993 :o the problem is if another story breaks you get dropped :'( thats show biz ;D but I have done TV with central back in 1999 when I did the vileda road shows in birmingham.london scotland etc,so every chance they will come down :)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!