James Styles

Best places to advertise online
« on: July 07, 2019, 02:08:16 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has tips on the best sites, forums, Facebook pages to advertise online that are free to advertise. Cheers

Stoots

Re: Best places to advertise online
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 02:30:16 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has tips on the best sites, forums, Facebook pages to advertise online that are free to advertise. Cheers

For free use the local community and buy and sell groups on facebook.

I went on a posting mission a few weeks ago and picked up about 30 new customers over a few days. Sure you pick up some dross and and get plenty of cheapskate enquiries but no worse than canvassing and its better than canvassing because you get to sit on your arse and drink tea whilst posting.,

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 02:40:09 pm »
Also join on Facebook, certain area groups.  Ie one nice area near me is Sprotbrough and they have a community hub forum which you need to request to join. If your a business, your permitted one advert per month as well.
This also allows you to kinda target your areas, which allows you to skip perhaps the council estate areas that you have mentioned in the past.

Another aspect of joining such a community page, is quite often ones will post asking if anyone knows a reliable cleaner etc. Obviously you can then nominate yourself and so it's a win, win. Though be wise to Google their street and area and see if it's where you are wanting to target before nominating yourself lol
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Ooooooog

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 07:48:49 pm »
Get a proper looking website if you want to bring in big work.

James Styles

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 09:18:48 pm »

That will be in the future when I have a bigger round

Slacky

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 09:56:42 pm »
You'll get a bigger round by getting a website.

Phil J

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 07:48:45 am »
I'm with Slacky on this one. A decent website brings in quality work and will pay for itself in no time, plus the hosting costs are minimal.

Johnny B

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 03:07:03 pm »
The following 3 advertising methods worked for me with the reasons explained:

1. Canvassing - Potential customers see you face to face so they get to know who will be working for     
     them. Also it's the quickest way to get started, and if you do this during the day, when you pick up
     customers you can start working and earning immediately. You will then already be advertising   
     yourself to the neighbours or anyone who is watching or sees you. This can lead to (read on).

2. Word of mouth - Doing a consistently good job for canvassed customers can lead to their       
      advertising you themselves. A good word about you can spread very quickly, especially in close- 
      knit communities.

3. Social media - Combining 1 and 2 above, by joining a local 'do you know' page and dropping your           
     name on it as often as their rules allow will get your name out to potentially thousands of local           
     people. Some customers also may be members and when someone posts that they are looking for a
    window cleaner, you could respond, as could some of your customers recommending you.

These are the only methods I used in earnest (I tried a few leaflets but that didn't work for me) and     
    in my experience the above worked very well. As long as your objective is to build an excellent
    reputation based on reliability, quality and value for money, you will succeed. And the best bit is   
    that all of the above methods are free.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

supernova77

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 03:18:07 pm »

That will be in the future when I have a bigger round

James.

Feel free to email me about websites.

andy@iconicwindowcleaning.co.uk

Andy

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 04:13:10 pm »
the best place to advertise is on the sides and back of your van,get decent sign writing clearly stating what you do in BIG LETTERS........

apparently my name gets mentioned all the time on facebook groups where i work but im not on facebook,most of the ones that do contact me have been messers or people looking for a cheap price (from my experience)

had one the other day.....she rang me and said someone on facebook gave her my number....went round priced up for windows and f/s/g clean and gave her a price....she said she was just looking for quotes for now and will get back to me.... ::)roll....in other words the cheapest price(i wont be!).....timewasters usually.... >:(
price higher/work harder!

andyM

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 05:46:49 pm »
If you're not already on it advertise yourself on Google.
Also any free online directories.
One of the Plebs

OnPoint

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 07:01:10 pm »
Anyone tried Gumtree?

James Styles

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 08:46:55 pm »
Anyone tried Gumtree?

I was looking on there but says you need to pay to advertise

Ooooooog

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 09:12:28 pm »
Anyone tried Gumtree?

I was looking on there but says you need to pay to advertise

You’ve got speculate to accumulate.
If you’re not prepared to spend money on advertising ( I wasn’t for first year or two), then rat-a-tat-tat on the doors it is.

OnPoint

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 09:12:53 pm »
£8.99 last I saw, wouldn’t mind if I knew the unknown

Could go either way I guess...

Take the risk on advertisements or go KFC and get a mighty bucket for one and sit there thinking “if only” lol

jonboywalton75

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 08:11:21 am »
I'm with Slacky on this one. A decent website brings in quality work and will pay for itself in no time, plus the hosting costs are minimal.

My website has cost me £30 a month for the last 4 years
Its brought in well over £1000/monthly work.
Ive sold 4 parts of the round for £5000ish ( furthest from home) and replaced it with the Close by work that i still clean
Do the math!!!!

JuanGonzalez93

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 11:52:28 am »

Ive sold 4 parts of the round for £5000ish ( furthest from home) and replaced it with the Close by work that i still clean
Do the math!!!!
Wow what a play, how do you do this? I want to do things like this.
First go, then talk. Speaking from the heart of TAD

jonboywalton75

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 12:49:05 pm »

Do the math!!!!
Wow what a play, how do you do this? I want to do things like this.

Ist you aquire the work and get it established
I bought small rounds and made them bigger, also canvass and advertise on google etc.
Get a website (mines with Nathaniel from Avondhu)
Then advertise the work, i advertised one of the rounds on here
Take the new people around the work and agree a price
Let your website silently get you more customers and repeat
This worked for me.
I did know some of the buyers personally so that helped with trust etc.

Klean07

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 08:32:06 am »
We spend around £50 a week on FB ads and Instagram averaging double or more back in customers.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk