KS Cleaning

Re: Guess it's a No, then.
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 10:31:25 pm »
Nathan have you missed out some of the potential customers text?  Only I can’t see anywhere in her text where she’s promised anything. As for the waffle, nice area, nice & quiet, blah blah blah, what a plonker😂 If I were the customer I’d run a mile.

You plonker where did I say she promised anything
Right at the bottom of your opening post you wrote “ has anybody fell for this type of fake promises “.
There’s the problem, so much waffle you can’t even be bothered to read your posts yourself😂😂😂

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 10:41:08 pm »
NK - do you have large feet?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Windy Miller

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2019, 11:05:47 pm »
Quite a nice area, lovely and quiet?

She probably thought you were going to show up some night unannounced wearing a balaclava and carrying a box of milk tray.

Dry Clean

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2019, 11:09:18 pm »
NK - do you have large feet?

Darran
There's nothing wrong with Nathans feet.

James Styles

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2019, 11:09:46 pm »

She probably thought you were going to show up some night unannounced wearing a balaclava and carrying a box of milk tray.

😂😂🤣🤣

James Styles

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2019, 11:10:42 pm »
This thread is quality 😂

Slacky

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2019, 11:11:25 pm »
If someone suggested the area I lived in was nice and quiet I'd be thinking they'd been casing the joint.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2019, 11:13:25 pm »

or a knife,rope and some duct tape! :o ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2019, 11:13:38 pm »
And if they also suggested it was 'quite' a nice area, I'd also be thinking they didn't think it was quite good enough for themselves.

In which case they could take a hike.

Nathan, you're not meant to pass judgement on potential customers, people think of you as a dick if you're prone to that kind of behaviour.

Did you not get the job?

Smudger

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2019, 11:16:44 pm »
He didn't want the job because she asked for a good price  ::)roll

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Stoots

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2019, 11:28:33 pm »
Too much niceness can come across creepy...especially to a woman.

And I'm sure you are a genuinely nice bloke Nathan, that comes across in your posts....but I always get the feeling you try too hard to be nice... And that's what can sound a bit rapey.

Just be proffessional, polite and to the point.

"Hi Mrs X, I've had a look at your property and the price would be £x for a 4 weekly clean of all your windows, frames, sills and doors. If you would like to go ahead just let me know and I will check when I'm next in the area. Many thanks"

Then drive off and get on with your work, don't be waiting for a reply so you can send more waffle her way.

nathankaye

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2019, 02:04:15 am »
Wow Guys!!! or should i say critics ::)roll    My opening waffle at the start of this thread, explained that she was a previous customer!  OK,  so i didn't tell you guys more than that, but you all suddenly had an urge to  jump to all sorts of wonderful conclusions, and non of which answered if anyone has fell for such bait as gaining more work from their neighbors?   Although if this was a new enquiry and somebody who I have not yet met and spoken to, then yes, I would agree with you. However this is not the case, she was a previous customer and we would have many a chats and a bit of banter, (including her hubby) in the past.

KS cleaning, her text implied that if i gave her a "good price",  ie a cheaper price, then the rest of the street would probably follow suit.  So in essence a promise of more customers.  Is that too hard to follow?  why enquire of any previous messages?

You will also be pleased to know, that I didnt stake out the place and set up camp on their front yard, desperately waiting to hear if i got a text back or not (nor hounded her for a text back because she hadnt done so within ten minutes of sending a text...............you know, like hounding a customer for not paying within several hours of cleaning their windows  ;D ;D (sorry james).    I spent ten, maybe 15 minutes posting flyers within the cul de sac and went off to the next job

Also, there isnt much context to the text in me saying its "nice n quite" and that's because you guys do not know the area of this new build, however my customer does and would appreciate the message in the manner in which it was meant and not how you guys have taken it. (though, i can see how you would take it in such a manner)
 ;D ;D     See some irrelevant waffle is needed for added context for you guys to get off my back and stop nit picking at silly little things.

She did message back asking if I could lower the price, with a little banter of bartering.  However, they bothed accepted my explanation as to not lowering the price and I have the job.

"Why,,,,Thank you very much..........."  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2019, 06:59:10 am »
So that’s a yes then  ??? For fecks sake.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2019, 08:07:37 am »
Blimey Nathan, you've out waffled me with that last post.

If it wasn't for your spelling and grammar errors I'd hand my waffle crown to you!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

nathankaye

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2019, 08:08:31 am »
She texted back, much later in the evening, but I'm glad u invested so much time n energy in this thread to get upset Dave  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2019, 08:55:04 am »
Hope I never need you in an emergency Nathan!! 😄
Comfortably Numb!

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2019, 09:06:24 am »
Hope I never need you in an emergency Nathan!! 😄
Don't ever ask him for directions  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2019, 09:12:20 am »
NK - I dont know why you get upset - you start these threads you set yourself up, you trip over your own statements - it's little wonder so many  take the p ,- all in good spirit of course 😊

p1w1

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2019, 09:20:39 am »
That's probably a good idea, as I doubt I would help. Although I may help the NHS out by sending some in the complete opposite direction and save the tax payers money from being wasted on some.

Here's a challenge for you today, if u get bored. Walk up to a black man and say, hey man, your black! Bet you didn't know that mate, did you.
Or a disabled person and take the mickey out of their disability.  Or better yet, give a book to a blind man and ask him to read it to you.
If you don't fancy that, just take a lolly away from a baby.

But I'm being too harsh, my apologies, I'm sure you are all nicely pointing out some personal difficulties which I have, for my own benefit.
Do you have 6 toes then  ???

Dry Clean

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2019, 09:23:45 am »
What if it was a blind man who didn't know he was black, would this be helpful ?