Steve Weatherley

Ionic Constant Flow
« on: June 08, 2019, 10:11:09 pm »
Just wondering if anyone would care to review this if they have one. Looks good on youtube vids but interested in other people's experience before investing my cash

Splash & dash

Re: Ionic Constant Flow
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 10:52:11 pm »
Not got one , personally don’t think it will do anything a Gardiners backpack and virosol  won’t do for £115 ionics stuff is generally very good just grossly overpriced , save some money and go Gardiners .

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 11:03:29 pm »
Got the backpack.... but this method relys on the solution not running off. 15 minute contact time is recommended. I wonder if gardiners do a similar foaming pole attachment?

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 11:11:10 pm »
You can add surfactants to any product making it stick or cling or foam up on the surface , but from 20 years experience  it’s not needed 10-1 virosol mix will loosen 99% of dirt in less than a couple of muinits light rub with the pole rinse job done , I honestly don’t  think you will get any better results with spending all that on ionics stuff , they are very expensive and not offering anything that cannot be done far cheaper with other products ,

robert mitchell

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 10:33:32 am »
The foaming unit they sell is from an american company and is a lot cheaper than ionics sell it for ........but you cant seem to buy it over here so ionics must have sole uk rights to it.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 02:47:36 pm »
The foaming unit they sell is from an american company and is a lot cheaper than ionics sell it for ........but you cant seem to buy it over here so ionics must have sole uk rights to it.

I doubt it, I have managed to get a few special nozzles for pressure washing from the U.S - its difficault because their grasp of English is very poor and they are incapable of understanding the concept that there is life outside the good ole US of A

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

robert mitchell

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 04:59:28 pm »

I doubt it, I have managed to get a few special nozzles for pressure washing from the U.S - its difficault because their grasp of English is very poor and they are incapable of understanding the concept that there is life outside the good ole US of A

Darran

I searched online and couldnt find any uk sellers .......could import but not sure about tax............ and a backpack does just as well as said above .

robert mitchell

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 05:02:22 pm »
http://www.green-gorilla.com/

This is the company that makes them .

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 05:14:59 pm »
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 07:14:10 pm »
I used to use a Gardiners backpack to spray chemicals. Very good indeed.
But it's heavy and needs charging now and again.
Got fed up with that.
Now I use a Hozelock 7 litre sprayer with viton seals with a hose connector fitted on the end of the tube.
I think they are about 40 quid. Works a treat.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 09:10:47 pm »
Do you mean that you connect your pole hose to the Hozelock sprayer and apply the product through the pole? Do you not find that you are constantly pumping the sprayer manually?

robbo333

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 09:29:21 pm »
Do you mean that you connect your pole hose to the Hozelock sprayer and apply the product through the pole? Do you not find that you are constantly pumping the sprayer manually?

I use Gardiners EZ-snap pole fittings, so I just (cut off the lance on the sprayer), and connected one of EZ-snaps to the tube.
Yes, I plug my pole hose into the sprayer and straight up through the brush and onto the gutter.
If you keep the container half filled, (or more), you only need a few (or slightly more) pumps to get the required pressure.
Obviously this does take some work, but (for me) I would rather this, than running out of battery on a back pack.
I just like to keep things simple these days.

It's lighter than a backpack.
It's easier to move around than a backpack.
It never runs out of battery.
And I hardly ever need more than 7 litres of degreaser to finish the job.
A bit of thick, cheap, bleach, added...always helps.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 09:40:14 pm »
Thanks. Great advice really appreciate. Speaking of keeping things simple I use Hozelock connectors on my pole and microbore as they are so cheap to replace and easy to connect. I will get one of these sprayers and stick a female Hozelock connector on the end instead of the Lance so that I can connect my pole hose to it