Dave Willis

Who's got a perfect job?
« on: October 20, 2015, 08:15:44 am »
I moan about window cleaning sometimes, bad weather, poor payers, dog poo and all. In my little circle of friends we have a double glazing director who drives 150 miles to work and only comes home at weekends, a builder, a warship designer who commutes from Bristol to Glasgow,  :o a Stomer Bag salesman who's wages are commission based and does 40,000 miles a year, a supermarket worker on minimum wage and a baker who starts at 3am in the morning.
Has anyone got a perfect job?

I thought I did when I started a hot air balloon ride business - unfortunately it never got off the ground.

8weekly

Re: Who's got a perfect job?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 08:21:28 am »
I moan about window cleaning sometimes, bad weather, poor payers, dog poo and all. In my little circle of friends we have a double glazing director who drives 150 miles to work and only comes home at weekends, a builder, a warship designer who commutes from Bristol to Glasgow,  :o a Stomer Bag salesman who's wages are commission based and does 40,000 miles a year, a supermarket worker on minimum wage and a baker who starts at 3am in the morning.
Has anyone got a perfect job?

I thought I did when I started a hot air balloon ride business - unfortunately it never got off the ground.
I never go to bed on a Sunday night dreading Monday. For me, that is as good as it gets.

SeanK

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 08:30:54 am »
I feel the same as 8 weekly about dreading Monday, but then I know if I don't feel like working Monday I don't
need to, I sometimes wonder if I was starting out in life again would I want to be doing this job.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 08:39:02 am »
2 of my bandmates work in IT.one of them works nights at weekends for a bank at times, the other normal office hours.another is an engineer working 12 hours shifts 4 days on/4 days off.

id hate to work nights or in an office all day or working for other people full stop.

my brother has the perfect job.selling perfume online.he has 14 websites now all over europe.his tax bill was over 45k last year though!ouch!! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Johnny B

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 08:40:08 am »
It's good enough for me.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 08:51:35 am »
i used to hate setting my alarm clock for 6am every day(including sat)when i worked landscape gardening.working 10 hours a day.

i still never set an alarm clock to this very day!i usually wake up between 6-7am every day though but start later! :)
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 10:10:32 am »
A friend of mine thought she had the perfect job working from home as a clairvoyant.
But she gave it up.
With only a trickle of customers, she just couldn't see a future in it.

Tom-01

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 10:24:00 am »
I think Jeremy Clarkson has got the perfect job.

Back to window cleaning, it does get boring at times, but every job does. It sure beats being a salesman for someone else. And it depends where you want to take your business and working round the difficulties that come with growing.

Being your own boss has to be the best thing about it.

kempy

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 11:43:32 am »
I'd love a tax bill of £45k , means you must be earning serious coin
Well done to him

NWH

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 12:10:36 pm »
It makes me smile when builders say something like you should have got a trade lol,I think to myself what and take an over a 100 percent pay cut compared to what you earn you tool.

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 12:16:05 pm »
The perfect job would be to sit at home or on a beach somewhere and still be earning a mint doing bugger all surely?  ;D

Pete Thompson

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 12:29:14 pm »
The perfect job would be to sit at home or on a beach somewhere and still be earning a mint doing bugger all surely?  ;D

That would be great...for about a week.  Then boooooooring!

I've done a few jobs in my working life, and to be honest I'd have to say that, for me, window cleaning is as close to a 'perfect job' as it's possible to get.  I love it.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 01:32:13 pm »

I've done a few jobs in my working life, and to be honest I'd have to say that, for me, window cleaning is as close to a 'perfect job' as it's possible to get.  I love it.

You genuinely love it??

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 01:42:19 pm »

Well i've got the first part down to a tee now just now need to sort out the other bit.  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 01:47:36 pm »
How can you say window cleaning is as close to a perfect job.... Let alone love it beats me ???

Yes I know about it's more of a lifestyle that fits around kids etc than working for the man but really don't you find window cleaning a repetitive boring job. Not to mention all the agro that comes with it?

Rich Wilts

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 01:58:45 pm »
Depends on your attitude. I see a lot of positives in this job. There's a few negatives, however every job has negatives. The positives far outweigh the negatives. By a mile.

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 02:16:08 pm »
Very true but I find the actual process of window cleaning as boring as hell not to mention can be hard work.
However I do get a buzz when I've cleaned filthy stuff like pavers, fsg's etc when customers can see an obvious transformation which gets them exited and some tip well too ;D

Walter Mitty

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 02:25:00 pm »
i used to hate setting my alarm clock for 6am every day(including sat)when i worked landscape gardening.working 10 hours a day.

i still never set an alarm clock to this very day!i usually wake up between 6-7am every day though but start later! :)

I only have a cpouple of days when I have a very early start but usually wake up naturally.  If I don't, I just do the job the following day instead (I might set an alarm for the second attempt).

Walter Mitty

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 02:26:52 pm »
How can you say window cleaning is as close to a perfect job.... Let alone love it beats me ???

Yes I know about it's more of a lifestyle that fits around kids etc than working for the man but really don't you find window cleaning a repetitive boring job. Not to mention all the agro that comes with it?

It can be like that, That's why I write when I'm not cleaning - far more interesting, and fun.

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 02:28:46 pm »

It can be like that, That's why I write when I'm not cleaning - far more interesting, and fun.

nice one  ;)