Watters

Traditional - UPVC
« on: April 19, 2013, 05:46:12 pm »
Im traditional & only recently started up. For those on here that are trad, do you automatically quote a price including UPVC or do you just offer that if they ask?

I have automatically been including the UPVC in my cleans, and as most of them are '1st cleans' in a long time (and very dirty) I think i've been doing myself out of money

If you do any UPVC + windows, how long on average does it take you?

Im trying to get a balance between time & the cost. For instance I did a 3 bed house (5 windows, 1 large bay, 2 doors, 2 patio doors....all glass & all UPVC) today that hadnt been cleaned for about a year - i had quoted £12, but it took me over 2 hours to do a good job. Am i way out or is this about right?

Any advice would very much appreciated

Re: Traditional - UPVC
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 05:51:02 pm »
That`s why you need a first clean price.

Watters

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 05:54:57 pm »
How do you guys set your 1st clean price compared to the usual price?

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 05:55:24 pm »
yes first clean price as smithie said plus you never know if the customer is gonna be a messer and carry on having it done at the agreed time so you have spent all that time getting them up to scratch for little money

deeege

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 05:56:42 pm »

Double it. Then if they turn out to be messers or one offs it doesn't matter so much.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

robertphil

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 06:16:37 pm »
 guestimate if they are a messer first and foremost  ,
 I ask "do u want a 1 off,im quite happy to do 1 offs if that's what you want ? " and say it cheerfully  as if you don't mind doing 1 offs.
 if they reply, "yes,for now that's just what we want" I suggest you then say,"you misheard me, i Dont do 1 offs ". Don't go do it, the labour involved is never worth any money - in my opinion you ONLY want regular customers

also don't think you can turn a 1off customer  into becoming a lovely regular by doing a fantastic job, they never will turn into regulars I can assure you

if they reply, "oh no,we want regular,howzabout every month?when can you fit me in,weve lived here years and will not move as we love it here  " you are onto a winner - I personally don't charge any extra to clean the pvc if I hear that sort of reply

mattstanley

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 06:17:37 pm »

Double it. Then if they turn out to be messers or one offs it doesn't matter so much.

Absolutely the way to go  :)

wayne m

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 09:50:43 pm »
Definitely clean all frames and sills every time! Once the first hard clean is out the way it's just an easy maintenance clean after that, but true what others are saying do a first clean price if the are mingling or you think they will be messers!

one eyed window cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 10:24:40 pm »
Definitely clean all frames and sills every time! Once the first hard clean is out the way it's just an easy maintenance clean after that, but true what others are saying do a first clean price if the are mingling or you think they will be messers!

+1 And them two hour first cleans will one-day be a 20min -30min clean. Good Luck ;-)
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.

Watters

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 02:08:56 pm »
Cheers for the advice :) Much appreciated

I've had a few ask for a price for glass only clean - how do you normally set that against your usual price (that incl upvc)?

wayne m

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 05:28:26 pm »
I don't offer that service my price is for frames sills and glass every time! I don't think I could just clean the glass force of habit and wanting the job done good would mean I'd still end up cleaning frames but not getting paid for it. Also why would any customer just want the glass cleaned but still have mingling white upvc doesn't make sense?