simbo

rude awakening
« on: February 17, 2006, 12:25:47 pm »
Hi guys
whent out this morning as usual, just finishing up a 3 bed detatchedgot up on the garage roof to do little side window, then down i went. I had stepped on a peice of wet moss and away i went straight off roof and landed on a wheelbarrow, as if this wasn't bad enough if i had been a couple of inches left i would have been impaled on the handles as this was an old fashioned one. Anyway escaped with 3 cracked ribs and very sore. This afternoon i will attempt to get my ro sorted as have just finished building trolly, which looks the biz and order pole.
as said this really woke me up
cheers all simb0

jouk45

Re: rude awakening
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 12:41:12 pm »
SIMBO,you where very lucky, some folks stand the wheel barrows on their fronts with the handles sticking upwards. i would not like to imagine.it will probably   take you about 6 weeks for those ribs to heal.

dish

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 01:32:38 pm »
Hope you get better soon.

Roy Harding

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 04:58:37 pm »
I broke a few ribs about 18 months ago, I carried on working however every foot step I could feel my chest flaping lose inside.

And when using wfp you could feel it flaping and grinding it took a good 8 months to settle down.

So I know what its like.

Roy

macc

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 05:26:39 pm »
hope you feel better soon simbo, you were very lucky. 

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 05:34:14 pm »
Simbo,

As some of the others here have said; you were lucky mate.

Not only that, at 37 years old, you can 'bounce' a bit.  Imagine what've happened if you were twenty years older?

Good luck with the WFP!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 06:23:35 pm »
Hi guys
whent out this morning as usual, just finishing up a 3 bed detatchedgot up on the garage roof to do little side window, then down i went. I had stepped on a peice of wet moss and away i went straight off roof and landed on a wheelbarrow, as if this wasn't bad enough if i had been a couple of inches left i would have been impaled on the handles as this was an old fashioned one. Anyway escaped with 3 cracked ribs and very sore. This afternoon i will attempt to get my ro sorted as have just finished building trolly, which looks the biz and order pole.
as said this really woke me up
cheers all simb0

I wish you a speedy recovery Simbo.  Ok so it's bad but it could have been so much worse.

simbo

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 08:40:05 pm »
thanks all hurts like i never would have thought , but when i think of what could have happened i was very lucky. i planned to be the first wfp user in my town and now will even sooner
cheers simb0

macc

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 09:36:03 pm »
simbo, i switched 4 month ago, you wont regret it, uve had a close one & will appriciate those risks taken on ladders are a memory, i do.

good luck mate.   ;D

Purity

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 02:37:09 am »
wow.. the risks we take to make a Buck, Pound or Euro. Could have been much worst, extremely worst. 

Glad your able to keep us all aware of our surroundings, sorry you had to be the example though. Hope your get better soon.  :)
Kevin Carnahan
Owner/Operations
www.puritycleaning.com
Administrator/Founder www.ijcsa.com

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 07:41:10 am »
As long as you are OK you can just say it was a timely warning. Good luck

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 11:36:17 am »
Been their many times got the t-shirt,

Trouble is you soon forget then do something else just as dangerous. That is why i dont carry my ladder anymore so i am not tempted.

I am sure you will soon bounce back