Re: Freedom Trolly
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2006, 07:00:15 pm »
Nel,

You're right. 

I should stop making life easier for myself and just start lugging the backpack around on my back.

I'll bin my trolley tomorrow.

I just thought that I was 'using my head and saving my feet for dancing'.

I'm obviously a big softie!

neil100

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2006, 07:20:02 pm »
Thats The Spirit Tosh.

Stiff upper lip and all that.

Nel.

Simon Carter

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2006, 07:40:23 pm »
 I think we should find another term for the back pack. Mine's never been near my back. To me it's a 16 litre all in one, doesn't even need wheels, goes everywhere marvel. It needs limited hose, so undoing it when it gets snagged is only ever feet away, I place it where I want it without dragging it through who knows what, & all for the cheapest price possible to go water fed poling. I have eight operatives. You can get a back pack in any vehicle. Four jerry cans & anyone can earn themselves £60/£70 & still be home for lunch. DON'T BUY WHAT YOU DON'T NEED.
I should say, I'm talking about here there & everywhere domestic work. If you've got office blocks & the like, or big easy access detatched houses then fine, spend your money so you look the part, but at the end of the day, all we are doing is spraying water on glass & moving it around a bit. I think some people want to make it look like more than it is as they are embarrassed by how simple it truely is.
Onwards and Upwards...

neil100

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2006, 07:48:31 pm »
Good pont Simon.

I have gone mainly van mount, But I would not be without my Backpack. My Son his buying a car this week and I have told him if he wants to start to get some of his own customers, all he needs to do his get a couple of jerry cans. Take a pole and backpack = £££££££££££ with no risk of falling.

Nel.

borg

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2006, 08:16:09 pm »
dont think so im x army i have done that been there why would i want 2 do it again.

farkam

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2006, 11:02:26 pm »
one question:
Can we use extended hose, say 20 metres in a freedom trolley system?
may be pressure in trolley can't handle long hoses?!  ???
thanks

Paul Coleman

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 07:38:01 am »
one question:
thanks

If you look at

http://www.freedomwfp.co.uk/spec.html

you will see that the trolley comes with a 100 PSI pump.  I don't have a freedom trolley but I do have a 100 PSI pump on a van mount.  I have used this to pump water through two hosereels daisy chained together (100 metres) plus up to a height of about 20 feet at the end of it.  It was throwing the water out so I've no idea how far it would have to pump before it started struggling but I imagine it would be quite a long way.

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 07:49:54 am »
one question:
thanks

It would handle that distance with no problems at all. I have had 100 meters of hose and a 40ft pole on it with no pressure/flow rate loss. The Varistream will sense the load on the pump and adjust it accordingly. I honestly dont know the absolute max length of hose it will work with but I do know at that 100 meters of hose at full stretch it will easilly cope with even the longest poles.

Cheers

Andrew

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 10:06:40 am »
I have had 150 metres of microbore on my pump and still an excellent flow rate.

dish

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 02:09:21 pm »
I thought W/Cleaners were a hardy Breed.

REAL MEN.

I cannot belive the posts I have read Were you are finding the backpack too heavy.
I know their is a wee bit of weight with it if you fill it up to the top. But nothing that should worry anybody.

Trouble is, not all of us window cleaners are real men, some of us are of the women variety. 

So those of us who are a little over 5 foot and around the 8 stone mark find that we are having to either drag our bodyweight or carry half of it.