Re: Freedom Trolly
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 05:18:32 pm »
Hi Guys,
I use the Freedom Trolley, its a good bit of kit.
Good price.
I would advise on buying one, its a good starter into wfp.

Only thing im not keen on is the weight, its pretty heavy to drag out the back of my van.

Andys a sound bloke to deal with, no bull, very willing to give sound advise when needed.

Regards

Simon (Leicester)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 06:14:44 pm »
Having bought 2 backpacks which have both been made redundent i have not used them in over 2 months ,may as well sell them on e-bay.  Even if i mounted them on a trolley they would still be no use.

Trolleys and backpacks are ok for those with limited space.

I have 2 van mounts one in the van and a 250l in the car.

Now tell me how a trolley/backpack would be of use to me. ?

I have over 200 metres of go anywhere hose and getr brilliant pressure. The most hose i use twice a month is 150metres and that beats going back to the van to change barrels or filling backpacks.

You guys havent lived until you get a van mount  ;D

Saying that i am thinking of getting a 125litre trolley. So i can leave a worker on site while i drive to another job.  ???

H h20

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 06:18:20 pm »
 Dave how much you selling your backpaks for?,Gaz

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 06:50:46 pm »
Eyup Dave as they say in these northern parts :)

I have a van mount as well... so there   :P

It gets used on big stuff where access is good and loads of water is needed. It beats the trolley hands down on that type of work.  BUT..  for the usual mixed bag of work on a domestic round its the other way around. Again it's horses for courses. We tried the van mount on our domestic stuff which is everything from small terraced stuff to large detached. On everything but the very large detatched the trolley won the day big time over the van mount.

A lot of van mount users have bought the Freedom trolley to use on awkward stuff with bad access etc.

This isn't a dig at van mounts at all. They are GREAT for certain types of work.

As I say I reckon it's all about the right tool for the job.

Nice to see you are still alive and kicking Simon.  Hope you got sorted out with the pole thing. Sorry I coudn't help mate.

Cheers

Andrew

borg

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 06:58:34 pm »
i will need a van mount later on when i get more comm work but the trolly syst will do fine foe now and it will save me time i hope on the flats i do witch r 3 stor

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 07:07:09 pm »
Andrew

I am sorry but i have to make you work for your dough

;D

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 07:24:44 pm »
i will need a van mount later on when i get more comm work but the trolly syst will do fine foe now and it will save me time i hope on the flats i do witch r 3 stor

No doubt about it saving you time on your 3 storey work. And when you need a big tank in a van all you will need is the tank because you can just leave the trolley folded down in the van and plug it into your tank and it will power the whole thing for you and then when you need to get to the awkward windows etc just unplug it, pop a container on and away you go.  The best of both worlds.  :)

TOUCHE Dave me ole sparrin partner  8)  8)  :-*  :-*
(Who's number I have lost)   :-[

Give us a call on my home number if you stilll have it Dave mate :)

Andrew

rich007

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 08:12:45 pm »
Looks very interesting, How much they cost?  are they very exthingyve to run and maintain?
Sorry if these are silly questions?

Do the windows come up nice?

Thanks

Richard

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 08:57:01 pm »
Hi Richard.

I take it that you have decided to go for it then. Good on ya :)

Waterfed pole window cleaning is the way forward.

Like any other tool of the trade if used badly you get bad results. Used well and the results are very good.

Cards on the table I supply the Freedom Trolley system but if you would like any advice.. info etc I am happy to give it to you with no agenda.

I have used the system for my window cleaning business now for around a year and its the best move I have made in window cleaning.

Pop me an email or go to www.freedomwfp.co.uk and email or call me there.

Cheers

Andrew

rich007

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 09:05:38 pm »
I have e-mailed you.  Thank you

roo

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 09:36:13 pm »
very annoying theres no price on web site >:(

borg

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2006, 09:43:12 pm »
price £995.00 thats a point why is there no price on the site andrew

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2006, 10:03:38 pm »
The simple answer is that the site was set up a few months ago really just as somewhere that would give us an identity and inform folks about the system and what it does. We were really just testing the market at the time.

We are doing a lot of work on the site now and it will have prices on it soon. There will be many more products on offer there as well. We are also going to set up a secure facility for online payment. This does involve a lot of work and planning in the background and it doesn't happen overnight.

At the moment we are flat out coping with demand for the Trolley System but are taking steps to be able to increase production rates and streamline the whole operation.  It is a priority but just not the number one priority at the moment.

Cheers

Andrew

borg

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2006, 10:19:49 pm »
thats cleared that up then thank you andrew.

Lee.

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2006, 11:01:51 am »

With a 100psi pump and varistream I was looking to buy one as a trolley and use it mounted in the van connected to a bigger tank. Thats what I love about this idea of the freedom trolley it's very diversive.  On some work you can use it as a trolley on other work a van mount. Am I right Andrew?

I haven't any wfp at the moment but the first thing I am considering is a freedom trolley if it can do both jobs.  Why splash out for a van mount and then buy a trolley for trolley work when you can just buy the trolley and use it as a van mount as well? ???

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2006, 11:11:08 am »

With a 100psi pump and varistream I was looking to buy one as a trolley and use it mounted in the van connected to a bigger tank. Thats what I love about this idea of the freedom trolley it's very diversive. On some work you can use it as a trolley on other work a van mount. Am I right Andrew?

I haven't any wfp at the moment but the first thing I am considering is a freedom trolley if it can do both jobs. Why splash out for a van mount and then buy a trolley for trolley work when you can just buy the trolley and use it as a van mount as well? ???

That is a good advantage of a freedom trolley just swap the hoses over to your van tank and that is as good as anything.
Everything is basically the same ie the pump and controller and connections.

Simon Carter

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2006, 03:59:14 pm »
Maybe there isn't much between the two products in terms of application, although personally I am very happy with my Sureflow back pack. I put this on an Argos shopping trolley initially, but even this I find cumbersome & unnecessary. It's just on a strap accross the top these days. I reposition it when I can no longer reach the next window. I find this minimises snagging of the hose.
My question is more to do with what people were buying twelve momtns ago. Are those 50 or 70 litre trolleys that they were all trying to sell back then obsolete?. MY company have two Omnitrolleys gathering dust. It's only now that I realise what a waiste of money they were.
Onwards and Upwards...

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2006, 04:45:18 pm »
Simon, I agee with your post, however would you rather trail round nine-stone of dead weight, or four-stone of dead weight?

The only thing that puts me off a Freedom is the dry weight of it.

I've also got a 50 litre system, which must weigh just as much as the Freedom, only loaded with 25 litres, but my 50 litre system holds double the water capacity and is capable of carrying 30 meters of hose; at least.

Given it's weight, water carrying capacity and versitility, I don't think you can go far wrong with a backpack.  Sometimes I put it on a trolley; other times I use it as a grab-and-go.

If you want to get into WFP and you're on a budget; I think the backpack is the 'nuts'.

This year I'm hoping to get a van-mounted system, once I pay off my tax and council tax arears! ;)

poles apart

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2006, 04:51:45 pm »
I don't need a trolley system but I feel left out so I think I'll buy one :)

neil100

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2006, 06:55:47 pm »
I thought W/Cleaners were a hardy Breed.

REAL MEN.

I cannot belive the posts I have read Were you are finding the backpack too heavy.
I know their is a wee bit of weight with it if you fill it up to the top. But nothing that should worry anybody.

I fill mine to the brim every time I use it. I have had used it 6 times today with no problem. You will think that its Heavy the first time you use it, but if you stick with it the body adaptes.

I am 48 yrs old and it does not bother me one bit.(HONEST) Mind you I was into Backpacking in a big way when I was a Teenager. At 15 I was going over 3000' Mountains fully loaded with kit that weighed a lot more then a Backpack.

The only Tip I could give is allways wear the waist belt. Have the shoulder straps fitted really tight on the shoulders so the weight is not pulling you back. I have taken an old hip belt off an old rucksack, It is padded and I wear that. If you really tighten the waist belt tight you will find it  transfers  the weight off your shoulders onto your hips.

I have walked hundreds of miles with a very very heavy rucksack, The Backpack is EASY.

I suppose the Backpack sorts out the Men from the Boys.

Nel.