stuart howes

first day with my new freedom trolley
« on: February 10, 2006, 06:59:40 pm »
what a day
got to my first job at 8am all ready with my new freedom trolley i had 10 x 25lts full of my 000 water(been thinking about doing this for the first time all night ) so not much sleep  he he   will at first job which i hate do off ladders so looking forward to this one  buy the way had forgotten all my ladder lock keys in the rush so had to go round dads to get a bolt cropper to cut the locks off the ladders :'(so the first job went all ok bit slow but ok  the thing is i did not know how fast or slow to have the pump running so just put it on full i had done 25ltrs before i had finished the front o !"*! iam going to do all the water on the first job so i turned the pump down to half on the next job,  next door.
started the front of this job all ok so round the back i went  o got stuck on the wall with the hose so back to unhook it then got stuck on a flower pot i didnot know this until i pulled the pipe and the pot rolled in to the dive mud all over the place >:( then on number 3 this was ok the lady said dont worry she said as long as the birds poo is off she dont mind    wish they are all like this lady :-*
cos i was using so much water i decided to just do the tops  as i was so close to the jobs i had done i went back to have a look they seemed to do ok
i finished about 3.30 3.45 about 1 hour later than normal so not to bad as its my first day   so  i got soaked  bad back i cant move my neck  2 big blisters on my hands crushed my thumb lifting the trolley out the van apart from that not to bad ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Q&A time    how long should 25lts last as in 1 or 2 normal 3 bed house?
do you clean all the windows wfp or just the tops and trad the botts
what is the average number of houses do you wfp guys do in a day

ONE THING I LOVE MY NEW TROLLEY  ANDREW MCCANN IS A STAR AND IS SO HELPFUL EVEN IF YOU DONT WANT A TROLLEY  SO IN ALL NOT A BAD FIRST DAY   AND NOT UP MY BIG LADDERS ONCE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

neil100

Re: first day with my new freedom trolley
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 07:29:30 pm »
Stuart, Thanks for giveing me a good belly Laugh. Priceless.

I have just done my 6th week wfp. I hated the first month because of the First cleans. You will use lots of water on first cleans. God my first day I could of sworn I was looking at  Waterfalls most of the day as I was useing that much water.

Things do get easier. I know when I first used my Backpack I could not beleive how quickley I used the water but I can now easily do a house with it.

Its a Brave New World

nel

H h20

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 07:53:36 pm »
 :D Stuart you`ve made my night  :D,it`s like reading about myself and probably most of us wfpers,yes at first it`s a nightmare and you wondered what the hell you have done,but stick to it and DO NOT go back to a ladder,it`s like anything new you have to get use to it and in time it all comes together and you will be finishing an hour earlier,all the best with it,Gaz  ;)

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 08:20:37 pm »
Stuart,

After your initial WFP cleans, 25 liters is more than enough to clean one average semi-detached house in it's entirety.

I do 'tops only'; mostly; because I use a shurflo back-pack which only holds around 20 litres of water and can comfortably do the tops of four standard houses with one fill.

Wor Lass follows behind cleaning the bottoms traditionally.

Stick with it.  As the weeks pass, first WFP-cleans will become a real chore and you'll be tempted to get those ladders off.

Don't.

Soldier-on and by month three you'll be enjoying it, and by month five you'll be flying round.

I reckon that even by doing 'tops only', will increase your income by 15 to 30%.  Or give you 15 to 30% more leisure time.

This week we've only worked four days, but we've earnt what would've been a good week, had we worked Mon to Fri, using ladders.

brett walker

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 08:45:05 pm »
Stuart you wont be able to get to sleep tonight with an aching body and todays events, it'll be going through your head wfp wfp wfp :P

You'll be planning in your mind what your going to do tomorrow to improve things if your anything like me my head was pounding as it is all a new ball game.

Im still having teething problems but im getting there

Practice makes perfect ;)

Brett