sunshine windows

help with buying a wfp system
« on: February 09, 2006, 08:09:28 pm »
Hi all,

I'm staring to get very busy indeed and was thinking of investing in a wfp system. Mainly because i'd like to branch out and do some commercial work as well as domestic.

Trouble is, i have no idea what's on the market out there when it comes to chosing a system.

If any of you reading this rates your system as the dogs b******s then please let me know how to go about getting hold of one.

Also if there are any window cleaners fairly local to Swindon, I was wondering if you might permit me to come and assist you on a clean some time. My services would be FOC of course with a couple of pints down your local for way of thanks.

Any helpful info on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunshine
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

stuart howes

Re: help with buying a wfp system
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 09:06:13 pm »
GET A FREEDOM TROLLEY JUST GOT MINE AND IT IS THE     NUTS  PLUS ANDREW MCCANN IS THE MOST HELPFUL MAN I HAVE EVER SPOKE TO HE HELPED ME THE WHOLE WAY FROM START TO FINISH  AND HE DID NOT TRY AND SELL THE SYSTEM TO ME ONCE HE JUST HELPED ME WWW.FREEDOMWFP.CO.UK   GET ONE   STU ;)

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 10:38:18 pm »
Forgive Stu's use of caps Sunshine. I think he is a bit excited. Its his first day on the road with WFP tomorrow.  Ahhhh I remember my 1st time around and I am soooo glad its just a memory now :)

Cheers

Andrew

neil100

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 10:50:09 pm »
You will have to decide weather you want a trolley system or tank in van system.

If you are going after commercial I would recommend Van system.

I have only been wfp 6 weeks but I spent months researching wfp. I took my time had lots of demos and I am pleased as punch with what I have got.

The hard choice was tank or trolley, I went for the tank set up wondering if I had made a mistake. After 6 weeks I would say I got it right. A trolley would of been a bad choice for me, with M/Bore hose I park the van up and have a range of 200mtrs. great. I often work in a diffrent culdesac to my Lad because of the range the m/bore offers.

I have a Backpack which I seam to use everday as well. But I would hate it  if it was all I had.

Set your budget and enjoy your research.

Nel.

brett walker

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 11:00:41 pm »
I have Andrew Mcann's Pure Freedom trolley its excellent just ordered the add-on to carry another 25ltr container of water round, ideal for those big comercial jobs and large houses  8)

The backpack is also an excellent piece of kit, you can just put it on a sack truck

regards

Brett

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 07:19:21 am »
Forgive Stu's use of caps Sunshine. I think he is a bit excited. Its his first day on the road with WFP tomorrow.  Ahhhh I remember my 1st time around and I am soooo glad its just a memory now :)

Cheers

Andrew

Yes, I'm just getting to ther end of all my first cleans now (I introduced WFP to my round in stages).  I felt like throwing it in completely a few times because of all the usual aggravation - though freeze-ups and a van that needed a new gearbox and brake discs hasn't helped.
I will be needing to start shaoing my round to suit my equipment soon.  Too many of them are locking their gates and wanting me over the flat roof.  If a flat roof is unavoidable no problem but a fair bit of the access issues are being caused by people not wanting to trust me with the gate key or a number for the combi lock.
No trust > bad access > no clean.  No wonder they struggled to get a window cleaner.