steve massey

More custom tip
« on: February 09, 2006, 08:41:23 am »
Hi all,
If we get a new house customer on a new street we will go clean it at around 2.30pm the reason for this all the mums are picking kids up from school at this time and they have more chance of seeing you and may want there windows cleaning.
 We have found it works for us anybody tried it?

JM123

Re: More custom tip
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 09:58:27 am »
Working on saturdays is good also but then not everybody wants to work at the weekend
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 03:58:04 pm »
We try to avoid people at all costs, our round is too big as it is.

JM123

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 04:09:44 pm »
surely it can never be too big  ??? I mean your round, how you pick up all the work??
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 06:44:48 pm »
I'm probably one of the lucky ones. I don't need to look for work.  My round grows (by people asking me as they see me) every month. Mind you I have benn window cleaning for 20 yrs and about 15 yrs in the town of Louth.
I realy am lucky here in Louth!
Not Perfect - But Honest

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 07:01:40 pm »
I don't need to look for work.  My round grows (by people asking me as they see me) every month.

Judging by your avatar, the customers who approach you must be brave and I bet you have no problems with non-payers!

What about your 'rivals'?  Do you have any?

Seriously, D.Salkeld, I'm only joking mate.

But even after 15 to 20 years of business are you not looking for better paying work and 'losing' your lesser paying work?

Or you just happy with what you've got?

Don't thump me for asking.  It looks like it would hurt.

twt

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 09:54:43 pm »
dont worry about dave salkeld he's soft as grease im one of his rivals in louth you want to be more scared of his wife!!!  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 10:06:35 pm »
Is that him or his wife in his avatar Philip?
It's a game of three halves!

twt

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 10:13:41 pm »
no coment

alpha

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 06:14:28 pm »
When we went over to the wfp in the letter we gave our customers we told them of all the other services that we offer as well as the fact they can now pay by telephone banking standing order and Internet Banking. We picked up 58 news jobs from our exiting customers and 12 new customers also we now have about 60% of our customers paying by the above ways.

busydaffodil

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 06:23:12 pm »
Behind every man is a good woman ready to protect her own and if necessary, use brute force & her teeth, whilst having PMT as an excuse.!

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 10:15:19 pm »
NOW THEN MR WASHINTON THOMAS.

Look, you better hope I don't show Tracy what you said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll learn sonny................................When you've got hitched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 07:59:42 am »
Now now lads, settle down.

I am convinced that the best way to get new customers without really trying is to have a van with WINDOW CLEANER written as large as you can on the side.

People notice you and once your van appears regularly in their street you become THE window cleaner. Another thing that I think is important but nobody else seems to is always try to go to a street on the same day of the week each time.
That way it becomes "The window cleaner usually comes on a Tuesday" and somehow you start to fit into the life of the local community much more, people know when to look out for you.