poles apart

Ionic brushes
« on: February 08, 2006, 07:01:42 pm »
Anyone else had problems with these brushes? 
Several of mine have come apart in use. The brass jet holder comes away from the plastic and this is what's holding the brush together! When I tighten the jet back in it undoes the brass holder as it screws the other way!

I like the brush part of them but the design is bad. Their old brushes never had this problem. I'm not sure I like the look of the oval brush (Brodex, Omnipole etc)as I cant see how you can clean into the corners of the frames. Any other good commercial brushes  out there?
Rod

stephen d

Re: Ionic brushes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 09:43:06 am »
if your not happy i would get back to them to sort it out

JM123

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 09:47:36 am »
The oval brushes are fine - think about it, there is clearance between the frame and the reveal, the bristles splay out enough to get into the corners, bit easier with a square brush but by no means difficult with an oval brush.  Try a tucker dual trim/salmon/vikan square if the ionics is no good, but judging by what people have been saying for a while on cleanitup Ionics need to have another look at their brushes.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

WavieDavie

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 05:16:07 pm »
The Ionics/BWCA wfp course shows you how to splay the bristles up the way when you're on the glass, keeping off the frames, so it doesn't really matter what the shape of the brush is.

See if you can wangle a free course out of Reuben or Craig!

I've got two Cleantech DualTrim brushes amongst others - give Mike a call.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

poles apart

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 07:44:00 pm »
The Ionics/BWCA wfp course shows you how to splay the bristles up the way when you're on the glass, keeping off the frames, so it doesn't really matter what the shape of the brush is.

See if you can wangle a free course out of Reuben or Craig!

I've got two Cleantech DualTrim brushes amongst others - give Mike a call.

Thanks for that. I don't want to keep off the frames I was just thinking about when I'm cleaning frames and the surrounds will the oval brush get right into the corners or be stopped by the reveal?

Might try those Cleantech  Dualtrim thogh.
Rod

WavieDavie

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 09:06:47 pm »
I don't want to keep off the frames I was just thinking about when I'm cleaning frames and the surrounds will the oval brush get right into the corners or be stopped by the reveal?

Try at ground level with one of your brushes with square corners. No hose connected, just push the brush against the glass and see how it behaves. Remember when you're using a pole that it's very seldom the brush will always be exactly square to the shape of the window.

You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 07:07:42 am »
The corners bristles of rectangular brushes wear and become shorter effectively becoming rounder  brushes with time. I replace mine 6 monthly.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 09:19:54 pm »
We find Vikan brushes are great.

The soft bristles easily get into all corners, top edges, etc. even with the Oval shape. They also last for ages unlike a lot of the competitions.

Alex Gardiner

mattstanley

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 10:00:16 pm »
Have to agree with Alex - swapped my Ionics for a Vikan from Alex - I've never looked back.  I've stuck my Ionics brush on a broom handle and I now have a stubby pole if required.

poles apart

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 10:09:03 pm »
Alex
can't seem to order from your website, error message. I'll phone you on Monday.
Rod