jayjackson

Advice Needed- Cleaning Insides
« on: February 08, 2006, 03:17:40 pm »
Hi

I was at a job today, and the home owner was there. Usually it's outside clean only, but today they asked if I could do the inside today if I wasn't too busy.

I agreed.

And that was the mistake :'(

What is normally a 15min job max (2 bed first floor flat) turned into almost an hour >:(

I only charged double the normal price, so actually lost 1/2 an hours wage.

My question is: how much more should I charge for insides?

I'm normally making £32 per hour, so working on this job would be X4 what they are paying at the moment for the outside, which I can't see happening, (even at London prices).

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Jay
London, Greater London, England, UK

Immaculate windows

Re: Advice Needed- Cleaning Insides
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 03:40:05 pm »
I find this a bit of a dilemma too. Same windows,sometimes arguably easier if lead-lighted.
Customers seem to expect to pay same for insides as outsides, but it DOES take a lot longer.
Maybe we should charge 1.5x for insides??

batterbee

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 03:49:19 pm »
Hi jay

I only clean inside windows for the same price if they take everything of the windowsills first otherwise its double.

regards

John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

warren flynn

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 04:10:25 pm »
hi

i charge double plus an extra tenner for doing insides.

i have renegotiated a price halfway through a domestic inside before if i have underestimated. customer wasn't over the moon but it's horrible coming away thinking you could and should have got more for a job they cannot do as well themselves.

start high with a quote, if they don't like it you can always come down a bit.   

warren

D woods

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 04:33:54 pm »
Tell them you are not insured to clean the insides that way you wont have to do them .

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 04:49:31 pm »
I dislike doing inside cleans.  Especially since I charge the same for them as I do the outside.

I'm a soft touch though.

jeff evans

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 05:06:17 pm »
I will only clean inside for pensioners that cant do it them selfs, for same price as out side.
Anyone else has to pay a minium of double,if they are to lazy to do it themselfs they will pay it.

JEFF.

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 05:59:14 pm »
I charge the same as the outside + 50% for inside cleans.

Andy

AdamSouth

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 06:03:35 pm »
i normally do it for double but i know some w/c that go in for X3
Giving you a better view

Jake

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 06:17:21 pm »
Sorry lads, can't agree with you on this1 ! We clean a lot of insides, same price as outsides. We do ask for cills to be cleared, but.............. inside, warm, no ladders, and a cup of tea! Bring 'em on!  ;)

Regards........ Jake
Exeter, Devon

Mr. S

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 08:35:12 pm »
My pricing policy for insides varies. I take on board everything all of you say, but other factors too!

Looking normally at kitchen and front room windows, see if you can see whether they smoke. It may seem cheaky but if im not sure i ask, then i decide my price. If theyre heavy smokers i charge what i want. 2, 3 and even 4x as much, same goes for some who just dont really give a s*** about their cleanliness, if u know what i mean!  = Alot of hard work if they agree my price but v v good dough then! Also depends if theres a jag sitting on the front drive. ;D ;D

sunshine windows

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 08:35:26 pm »
I always charge the same for the inside as i do the outside. Might sound daft to you lot but i'm trying to build my round up at the moment so need the customers. (happy ones that will recommend me to others).

But boy did i make a mistake the other day. Went round to price a job up at about 8.15pm. Inside and outside clean on a terraced house £22 all in. 'No problems' i thought to myself until i went back a couple of days later to do the work. You could barely see through the bloody glass they were that dirty, but me being a man of my word stuck to my original price as i do with all telephone quotes as well. Took me almost an hour and a half to do the lot.

Think i might have to re-evaluate my quoting/pricing system. All quotes now to be done in daylight where i can see just what i'm letting myself in for. If really dirty then charge 50% more
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

williamx

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 09:53:44 pm »
I charge a minimum of £25.00 or double the outside cleaning rate if its higher for a inside clean.

steve k

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 07:09:00 am »
I do not like doing them...I say no to "on the job " requests as it puts the schedule out for that day.
I have a minimum of £20 now on any request for inside window cleaning.
Really not bothered if they take it or leave it...and I ask for all sills to be cleared by the owner.

alpha

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2006, 05:59:15 pm »
We have always charged x3 for initial clean x2 therafter x4 if they smoke and have found a chemical called Mistrol useful in getting off that stubborn nicotene