herbiefatboy

CLAMPS ON POLES
« on: February 07, 2006, 08:36:09 pm »
DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ONLY MY CLAMPS ON MY POLE SEEMS TO NOT BE ABLE TO TIGHTEN UP ANY MORE.WHEN YOU PUSH THE THE CLAMP DOWN THE POLE STILL MOVES ROUND IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO THANKS DARREN

H h20

Re: CLAMPS ON POLES
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 08:39:12 pm »
There is a plastic nut on the side,you have to tighten it the opposite way to normal as if you are undoing it,Gaz  ;)

herbiefatboy

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 08:45:38 pm »
HI GAZ I HAVE DONE THAT BUT IT WILL NOT   TIGHTEN  UP ANY MORE BECAUSE  THE JAWS ARE TOUCHING WHAT CAN BE DONE

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 08:46:25 pm »
There is a plastic nut on the side,you have to tighten it the opposite way to normal as if you are undoing it,Gaz  ;)

Gaz is spot on.

Normally, it's 'Lucy left to loosen', and, 'rightly tightly to tighten'.

But with my Ionics pole it's the opposite way round.

Get an adjustable spanner and turn the plastic nut an anti-clockwise a turn or two.

It'll tighten up.  Keep the adjustable in your car.  I think the more wear they get, the more you have to adjust them.

H h20

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 08:55:02 pm »
HI GAZ I HAVE DONE THAT BUT IT WILL NOT   TIGHTEN  UP ANY MORE BECAUSE  THE JAWS ARE TOUCHING WHAT CAN BE DONE
How many sections is your pole?
does it do it on all the sections?
how old/how much use has it had?
Gaz

herbiefatboy

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 08:56:43 pm »
HI TOSH YES I HAVE TIGHTEN UP THAT NUT BUT IT HAS STOPPED BECAUSE THE JAWS ARE TOGETHER THANKS FOR REPLYS SO FAR

herbiefatboy

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 08:59:11 pm »
HI GAZ IT  HAS 2 CLAMPS ON POLE IT IS ABOUT 5 MONTHS OLD AND IT IS USED EVERY DAY  DOES THIS HELP

H h20

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 09:04:18 pm »
If it`s only 5 months old i would get intouch with the place you had it from,Gaz

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 10:19:12 pm »
 have the same problem
If you use the pole every day 5-6 days a week two things happen first the pole section inself wears second the clamp wears, I have in the past taken the clamp off opend the clamp and sanded(with a grinder) the gap so that it can be tightend, this only works for a short while, the best bet would be to buy a replacement clamp/clamp lever/and nut
again this is only a short term solution as the pole section tends to wear out faster because the clamp is new,

I find that my pole lasts about 6 - 8 months then its time to replace
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html
Just had delivery from above two replacements and one complet pole will try tommorrow but they look good and are the cheapest (of this quality) I,ve seen

At these prices if the pole only last 6 months it at 5 day a week the replacement sections average out at about .50p a day

The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

mark6765

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 10:57:28 pm »
i get the same.
i want to use a cheap light domestic pole,
but find they only last 6 month.
has anyone found a pole that dont wear on the shaft or clamp so quick.

stephen d

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 11:16:03 pm »
no they all wear,only option is to cut a few inches off the pole which helps in the short term and replace clamp & nut from time to time-its not the pole thats wearing but the  protective coating.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 07:55:43 am »
I did try spraying the pole with clear Laquer from time to time (as uased on cars) but it didn't seem to slow down the wear
If you think about it at about at about .50p a day to replace aint a lot considering the amount of extra work that you can do with the equipment.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

sair

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 04:16:45 pm »
they all wear in time the power pole seems to last longest
Essentially Pure Ltd