rs_cleancare

Poles
« on: February 07, 2006, 08:28:06 pm »
I'm currently using a glass fibre 48ft pole on some jobs.
I find it very heavy and hard work.
For you guys who use alley poles what is the max hieght you go with these.
My average height i go to is about 42ft.
Looked at the carbon fibre poles but cant justify that sort of cash.
Rob.

JM123

Re: Poles
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 11:50:45 am »
Try a Brodex Eco-lite

www.brodexbms.co.uk and click on latest ads, then click on december its a pds file so you need acrobat reader to read it but its already on most computers, remember to add VAT onto the prices but I know they are a lot lighter, I've just ordered a 25ft woks out at neraly £200 so will see what it is like but apparently weighs 2.3Kg
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

sair

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 04:35:03 pm »
i ll be fair and honest in my reply i sell build wfp machines , also a window cleaner if you work at the height of 48 normally you need the work to be able to justify the cost of the equipment . i use 36 ally poles omni pole . i like there adaptability . we use 60 carbon weekly .
the other week there where comments on ergo lite ,i had not used so could not comment . yes there expensive , today i borrowed a 45 ergo lite from a large national company, as a favour ,easy a one man pole to set up and work with i use ed right down to 18 simple no mussel pains  at all , i cant comment on the durability at all as for weight and flex it was a pleasure to use ,
i certainly would not use glass fiber at hat height .
Essentially Pure Ltd

rs_cleancare

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 09:17:13 pm »
Thanks for your input.
I did 16 windows at about 40ft today and after that i was totally knackered.

Could be very tempted with the ergo lite.

I find the problems i get with poles is them sticking. So that uses up more energy opening and closing them. What i do after each use is give the joints a quick spray with pure water. Then every week give them a good clean and apply a little polish.

Rob.

stephen d

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 09:28:46 am »
windex 16-17 march at the excel london(www.windex.co.uk) the main makers of poles all have them there so if you want to feel and test the difference between pole weights etc there all there.

JM123

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 09:44:17 am »
Can't say I've ever used omnipole but have heard good things, I've used most of the fibreglass and carbon fibre poles and don't mind either but I'm quite a big lad (6'0 16st) suppose its more of an issue if you have a smaller frame.  Like i said I'll let you know when I get the eco-lite but at 2.3kg, alloy base cap improved collets etc it promises to be good- just hope it does what it says on the er tin.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I