craig jwc

1st time pricing commercial
« on: February 06, 2006, 10:59:06 pm »
Been offered to price an office block and wondered how everyone did this.
I only do domestic at present so wouldn't mind getting this one.
How does everyone price it different to domestic or do you price just the same??

Cheers for any replies

Craig

craig jwc

Re: 1st time pricing commercial
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 08:04:32 pm »
thanks for all the replies ???

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:01:16 pm »
Hi Craig,

We have no formula for pricing commercial v's residential, however we use a job we do for a local hotel as a starting figure.

It equates to £40 per hour which is our area is a good rate.  we would just calculate how long the job would take us and times it by our rate per hour.

The rate you get per hour is very dependent on how much competition you have locally.  I would recommend you work on a price per hour rather than a cost per window but other may think differently.  ::)

Sarah
Sarah

Biscute

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 09:18:27 pm »
how big is the block of offices and what method of cleaning will you be using?
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

craig jwc

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 10:05:28 pm »
I will be using wfp and there is around 50 - 60 windows just at the front (3 storeys).
Haven't seen the rest of building yet just waiting on a date to go and meet them.
Just wanted to know if you generally priced different to domestic.
I was thinking of working it out on an hourly rate but as i haven't done a building of this size before so don't want to do myself short.

Cheers for the replies guys and girls

Craig

J and J Services

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 11:04:00 pm »
Craig roughly how much do you get for a days work?

For example I personally like to come home with a minimum of £150 per day, this means when I quote for large jobs I tend to take a look at it and say right that's two days work - £300 - if I complete in less then the time I personally alotted then it's a bonus - doing it this way could also make you more competitive, as if you could manage with getting £100 for the day then charging £200 could be a very compettive price.  I hope that helps mate :)

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 11:42:07 pm »
i igree i do the same if you think its going to take all day or most of it quote your daily rate, or a mornings work if its not to big. last year i done about 7 schools small little ones i used to quote around my daily rate and got most of them and was allways quicker and earning more :D
Dave.