windowcleanomano

Re: Could this help any WFP’s
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 09:28:25 am »
First

windowcleanomano

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 09:31:20 am »
Second

As a reply to macc & and any others that may be interested, I thought I’d show you how its put together.

Of cause you will be able to think of other ways to do the same thing AND MAKE IT LOOK BETTER & BE BETTER, as I know I could do better now I have given some thought to it. (I made it up as I went along)

[1] I used an aluminium tube (3.2m) long enough for ME, drilled a hole in it as can be seen and stuck some hose in it.

[2] I used a strong shelf bracket with a piece of metal bolted to it (Wickes) and attached to the roof rack using exhaust brackets. (The piece of metal determines how high it goes into the air)

[3] Took the wheel out of a swivel caster, (BE SURE TO USE A HEAVY DUTY ONE) widened the gap enough to take the ally tube. Then attached the ally tube to it using some threaded bar.

As seen in the pic’s, I’ve tied a strap to it so as to stop it falling down on someone’s head if for some reason it decides to, Very Heath Robinson.

As you can imagine there was a bit of hammering and filing to get it how I wanted it.

Also the angle of the tube can change by moving the caster bracket nearer or further away from the [2] Shelf Bracket

As for me.
I connect the water to the tube.
Next, I stick the hose from my reel into the end of the tube & then slide the tube along my pole carrier (Black Soil Pipe) then lift it on to the [2] bracket.
When I finish, I just do it in reverse or put the hose reel in the back oif the van, slide the pole to the front of the van, hook the hoes along R/Rack & off up the road to the next house. This way I can be in the garden ready to clean in no time.

BUT MOST OF ALL
As it stops the need for hose on the floor, it saves me loads of time and WORRY on the estates I do.

I really hope this can you.

windowcleanomano

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 09:33:43 am »
should have read        "HELP YOU"

windowcleanomano

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 09:41:41 am »
must have gone wrong

macc

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 07:38:27 pm »
thanks for the pics & explanation, tops mate. let you no how i get on. macc.  ;D

gaza

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 07:55:55 pm »
BRILL IDEA JUST OF DOWN TO ME SHED TO KNOCK ONE UP,short of nothing ive got, in my shed ,could use an old unger pole so it rides on my roof rack ;D and slides back in its self.
Might have mine running through the roof though.

gaza

IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO