windowcleanomano

Could this help any WFP’s
« on: January 30, 2006, 10:13:37 pm »
Hi
Now in to my forth week and have found this idea really works for me.

As I did not want to cause a trip hazard or worry about someone looking for a reason to earn some cash from tripping over my hose, I made this.

As I write this, I hope a picture is just below showing what I have done.
[I will put another picture on here in a while.]

Once I have snapped the hoses together, it takes about 20 seconds to have the Hose Reel out of the van and in the property with NO WORRIES about the hose being a trip hazard.

I thought if I posted these pictures any one of you could copy the idea, it very simple.

Basically, it’s a tube fixed at one end to the roof rack and (turned at a right angle from the front) it is kept in place with a shelf bracket.

It towers over the pathway.

Then when finished, I lift the hose reel into the van, put the pole in the tube and move the ARCH (as I’ve called it) round to the front of the van quite quickly.

I think the idea is Simple and Brilliant at the same time.

Hope it helps some of you, as  I  have been helped and continue to be helped by all of you.

Thanks for looking.

bazzup

Re: Could this help any WFP’s
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:20:29 pm »
great idea till peter crouch walks past :P , no seriously though that is a very good idea and one well worth thinking about

barry

macc

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 10:25:14 pm »
great idea, its 1 of my big worries some one tripping over my pipe. nice one

windowcleanomano

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 10:33:48 pm »
another veiw

matt

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 10:45:09 pm »
thats a cracking idea

watch 1 of the makers steal it now

i can see it now

"now featuring the Arch" exclusive to blah blah blah

hey some1 might even make it a extra just to get more money out of the punters

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 10:46:54 pm »
 windowcleanomano,  great idea especialy going over hedges and tall garden walls.matt, they will even make it telescopic to fold down and to stretch further.also a U bent at the end to level it of.

windowcleanomano

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 10:52:37 pm »
Yes  matt,

But just as you and others showed how to make our own trolleys.

Every one who wont want to Buy one can copy an  “Idea they saw on some forum”.

That’s really what I think it’s all about.

s.hughes

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 11:23:07 pm »
Great idea and looks good, just hope it dont fall on someone!!!

Steve

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 06:07:41 am »
Nice one windowcleanomano.  In certain circumstances, it saves a fair bit of messing around. It looks good for those jobs where you are able to park outside the house.
I tend to lay a rubber mat (black with yellow border) over the hose and put out a warning sign (which blows away on a windy day).  Failing that, I use a trolley.  I may end up copying your idea for certain jobs.

sham33

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 10:18:14 am »
What happens when some one about 7ft 10 walks past and whacks there head on the pole?  :D

TopGlass

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 10:46:09 am »
Maybe you should patent the idea, thus stopping any larger firms taking the idea and making money from something you thought up! Then if anyone on the forum wants to make their own, we could just ask your permission as long as we don't exploit the idea commercially!

Very good idea though, cuts out alot of risk!

Daz
Darren Cordial

jouk45

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 12:31:25 pm »
topglass, he cant patent it now simply because  he has made it available to the public. No 1 rule you must keep it a secret before fileing for a patent. So any company viewing this can do as they please.or any comany that does take it on,may be generous  and give windowcleanoman a back hander later on if they are honest.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 01:04:11 pm »
Just when you think theres nothing left to invent up comes another simple idea, Congratulations, what are you going to call it ?

DASERVICES

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 03:44:18 pm »
Hi, Windowcleanomano, I see that your hose comes from under your van. How did you set this up, and pics please.

Thanks

Doug

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 05:46:02 pm »
Hi, Windowcleanomano, I see that your hose comes from under your van. How did you set this up, and pics please.

Thanks

Doug

My guess is that it's one of Omnipole's.  Brodex and Ionics tend to use a metal plate on the side of the van.  Mind you, Idon't suppose Omnipole are the only ones that do it this way.

windowcleanomano

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 10:53:24 pm »
hi
In way of a reply to things already said.

Did think about patent, but seeing as it only cost me less than £50 to make and my wife said to help other window cleaners rather than get sidetracked by something else.  (Months of bending her ear about how great WFP would be)

First,   it is bolted together so I’m quite sure it wont fall on any body.
[ YES famous last words that ]  WONT

As for the hose under the van;

Well Doug

All I did was to find a soft rubber bung in the wheel arch panel, and then looked for an access point inside the van.   COULDN’T find one, so I made an existing hole in the door pillar (6mm) a bit bigger (25mm) using a drill & pliers. Then taped all around the hole so it became safe to feed the hose through from the van, out the bottom rubber bung and fixed it with plastic ties to the towing hook thing.

The pipe inside the van I have going up to the roof then down to the pump.
THE REASON FOR THIS IS
When I finish at night, by pushing the FLOW STOP IN THE END OF THE HOZELOCK CONNECTER the water just drains out, so no worries about being frozen overnight.

and thanks for comments

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 11:28:17 pm »
Brilliant!

(Now - about those avoiding those spurious claims for damages - don't park on the pavement either! ;D)
It's a game of three halves!

windowcleanomano

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 08:36:36 am »
pic's

macc

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 07:34:52 pm »
could you post a picture of the b swivel hindge please, its a wicked idea.  ;D

dai

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 08:30:40 pm »
A brilliant idea that hose boom. That's the way WFP will evolve, just ordinary working guys seeing a problem and finding a solution. Dai

windowcleanomano

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 09:28:25 am »
First

windowcleanomano

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 09:31:20 am »
Second

As a reply to macc & and any others that may be interested, I thought I’d show you how its put together.

Of cause you will be able to think of other ways to do the same thing AND MAKE IT LOOK BETTER & BE BETTER, as I know I could do better now I have given some thought to it. (I made it up as I went along)

[1] I used an aluminium tube (3.2m) long enough for ME, drilled a hole in it as can be seen and stuck some hose in it.

[2] I used a strong shelf bracket with a piece of metal bolted to it (Wickes) and attached to the roof rack using exhaust brackets. (The piece of metal determines how high it goes into the air)

[3] Took the wheel out of a swivel caster, (BE SURE TO USE A HEAVY DUTY ONE) widened the gap enough to take the ally tube. Then attached the ally tube to it using some threaded bar.

As seen in the pic’s, I’ve tied a strap to it so as to stop it falling down on someone’s head if for some reason it decides to, Very Heath Robinson.

As you can imagine there was a bit of hammering and filing to get it how I wanted it.

Also the angle of the tube can change by moving the caster bracket nearer or further away from the [2] Shelf Bracket

As for me.
I connect the water to the tube.
Next, I stick the hose from my reel into the end of the tube & then slide the tube along my pole carrier (Black Soil Pipe) then lift it on to the [2] bracket.
When I finish, I just do it in reverse or put the hose reel in the back oif the van, slide the pole to the front of the van, hook the hoes along R/Rack & off up the road to the next house. This way I can be in the garden ready to clean in no time.

BUT MOST OF ALL
As it stops the need for hose on the floor, it saves me loads of time and WORRY on the estates I do.

I really hope this can you.

windowcleanomano

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 09:33:43 am »
should have read        "HELP YOU"

windowcleanomano

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 09:41:41 am »
must have gone wrong

macc

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 07:38:27 pm »
thanks for the pics & explanation, tops mate. let you no how i get on. macc.  ;D

gaza

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 07:55:55 pm »
BRILL IDEA JUST OF DOWN TO ME SHED TO KNOCK ONE UP,short of nothing ive got, in my shed ,could use an old unger pole so it rides on my roof rack ;D and slides back in its self.
Might have mine running through the roof though.

gaza

IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO