Peter Fogwill

Re: Remote Control for trolley systems
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2004, 02:41:37 am »
Hi Alan,
please read my first reply on this thread again. Good technical advice endorsed by 2 other experienced operators, particularly APS who I know worked for many years as a technical manager with Tasker, a large cleaning company in the N.W. operating several mobile, commercial window cleaning platforms. Industry people.
 Where do I slag off the competition in my reply?, I've read it again and I simply dont understand how you are reading it..!
  However study Peterf replys, he's the one having a go, trying to get personal, "I would'nt know how to etc etc." I think if you are looking for insecurities, you are looking in the wrong direction....!
Keepin it real as always,
Dom  

Dom, Allan was referring to your post slagging me off, the one with the mothercare statement in it, the one that was withdrawn from the board.

Did everyone know you can withdraw your posts if you change your mind after you post the message on the board?  A bit misleading if someone answers to a statement that is no longer there, if a person is crafty and dishonest enough he could make out that the other person and not him is the one who is starting conflict.  A very crafty trick but Dom the message can be retrieved.

Did you read the post, the one that you wrote, the one that was withdrawn from the board, and still not understand how people are reading it?  Again I don't expect an answer, I just have a habit of putting a question mark in when I have asked a question.  Just thought people ought to know what kind of a person they were dealing with.

Peter

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2004, 03:00:02 am »
Hi Dom
Dont try to get yourself out of it.
I'll have one if yr buying
Cheers
Alan

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2004, 03:01:27 am »
Paranoia ?  
you judge..!
I think his wheels come off...!
Dom

"Est modus in rebus"
Moderation in everything.

Moderation in everything, Middle course in all things, not much difference.

Definition of Moderation in everything.
"Said to advise someone that it is best not to have or do too much or too little of anything. "

The above definition seems like middle course to me.

Peter

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2004, 03:21:10 am »
All Readers Of this Thread
Once again Dom gets the fingers tapping and the pulses racing. PeterF calls me dishonest and a "Sort of person" (Whatever that means?) Mr Reuben Reynolds
calls me a liar on this forum..! It makes great reading and I sincerely hope people are entertained. When people get hot under the collar with me, it shows that I'm touching a nerve..!
Remember, thats my job,
keepin it real, asking the technical questions for the benefit of all. If I upset a few people, so be it, but name calling is beneath me, but not others as it appears....!
Dom

Sorry to disappoint you Dom, my pulse is not racing, I am laughing at you.

Where in my statement above do I call you dishonest?  I said “A bit misleading if someone answers to a statement that is no longer there, if a person is crafty and dishonest enough he could make out that the other person and not him is the one who is starting conflict” Now who is the one that is getting paranoid? I don’t see your name mentioned in the above sentence do you?

Anyway don’t change the subject; I challenge you to prove me wrong on the second last message I wrote.  You wriggle out of things by blabbering on about how much you entertain people, and how much good you are for the industry, and hope that people forget about the questions that were asked of you.  If I wanted to resort to name-calling I could think of a few phrases that would sum you up perfectly, but I won't do that, and you will never force me to.

So come on entertain, you are certainly entertaining me at your expense.

Peter

g_griffin

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2004, 11:03:51 am »

Peterf,

I believe that you are only too willing to help people and not just advertise your products. A lot of other users are also aware of this. Dom,on the other hand,seems intent on stirring things up. I`m not saying he doesn`t know what he`s talking about because I don`t have a clue about pure water systems. But I think we all know Dom`s game now and your reputation wouldn`t be tarnished if you didn`t respond to his goadings. The same goes for Rueben.

If I want entertaining I`ll ask Dom.
  If I want unbiased advice I`ll ask Peter.

Gerry.

Neil

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2004, 07:41:14 pm »
I have just got around to reading this Thread !

NICE TO SEE YOU HAVENT LOST YOUR TOUCH DOM
STILL RUBBING PEOPLE UP THE WRONG WAY I SEE!

GET REAL WHY DONT YOU!

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2004, 08:08:59 pm »
Majestic/Alan, Gentlemen,
read the thread carefully again, then read your posts. you are painting everyone with the same brush, which will discourage any other people who want to volunteer technical information, as the approach you have both adopted appears to be that any technical advice that does not fit in with any particular manufacturers aspirations is slagging the competition off.
 99% of pole operators do not use electronic remote control gadgets as offered on this site by Peterf for £45. My advice is simply try a cheap tap for £3.99 from B&Q as it will do the same job as a £45 gadget. Now if that is slagging off PeterF, or informing those who are not in the know, what the industry norm is, then I'll stand by my statement and let any readers decide for themselves if I'm offering good advice
Dom

On what principle does the tap work Dom

Lewis.
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2004, 08:37:03 pm »
More Unbiased and honest advice from the Industry experts, courtesy of our sponsor,
Express Cleaning Supplies,
The U.K's No.1 for Value & Service.
Dom  

Dom, I'm flattered - thankyou.

However, for the purpose of others on here can I confirm that we have no association with Brodex whatsoever (and are not likely to!) and we're getting as cheesed off with his antagonistic appraoch as everyone else!

Regards

Mike Boxall

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2004, 08:56:43 pm »
Peter,Dom,(handbags at five paces!!!) or should I say
squeegees.
Mines a home made trolley,also poles and brushes.
At the outset I`m no wiser like Peter said  to my orginal
post.Which is the way to go??

Lewis.
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2004, 09:23:58 pm »
Interpretation;
May I also confirm that I will not answer any questions from Peter F or indeed any other manufacturers on this site...they get too upset..!

Nothing new then. Do you mean you will carry on ignoring questions I ask you?

Peter

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2004, 09:27:49 pm »
Peter,Dom,(handbags at five paces!!!) or should I say
squeegees.
Mines a home made trolley,also poles and brushes.
At the outset I`m no wiser like Peter said  to my orginal
post.Which is the way to go??

Lewis.

If you have a set up already then you could always work away with it without a remote control, at least you know one is available. If you come across a situation that the remote would be a big advantage in, then you could always add it on later.

Peter

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2004, 09:36:52 pm »
Lewis the tap idea is ok except that it gets in the way and lets say you are using the pole at 60ft then the tap needs to be at the bottom, but when u use the pole at 5 ft then the hose needs looping to keep the tap at the bottom of the pole -all 55 ft of it. You can put the tap on the brush but to switch it off you have to lower the pole. A simple alternative is to fold the pipe inhalf and holding tight in your hand thus reducing  the supply or by  standing on it.
I should go an see an auto electrician and ask him to make you a remote switch if you feel you really need, but maybe the water is cheap enough to waste, my output as you know is between half and one litre per min. ( exceptionally 1.5 litres/min) which is enough for domestic situations.
Jeff  

paul w

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2004, 10:17:42 pm »
i have to agree with dom on this one.......[ is b&q l. t. d. ]  paul ;D ;D ;D :o ::) ???
pane in the glASS

APS_PureWash_Sys

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2004, 11:19:05 pm »
my God
has the dust settled yet???? I can not believe all this happened when i was watching the back of my eye lids!!  have you lot got no beds to go to or day jobs to go to in the morning?

But the answers still the same, i agree with Dom he may wined  people up a little but £3.99 is better than £45 sorry pete.
peterf i know you are cheap with your prices.  but dont forget  you still have to put your pole down on the floor to get the remote out of your pocket!
APS PureWash Systems
Pure Water Window Cleaning Equipment

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2004, 11:48:17 pm »
my God
has the dust settled yet???? I can not believe all this happened when i was watching the back of my eye lids!!  have you lot got no beds to go to or day jobs to go to in the morning?

But the answers still the same, i agree with Dom he may wined  people up a little but £3.99 is better than £45 sorry pete.
peterf i know you are cheap with your prices.  but dont forget  you still have to put your pole down on the floor to get the remote out of your pocket!

Hi APS, dont be sorry, it dosnt matter what you or I think is the best, it depends on what the customer wants, Lewis wanted a remote control and I told him where he could get one.  I knew Lewis had a made up trolley, and I know that a remote control would be handy for what Lewis is doing.  If Lewis had a van system, I would have told him something similar to what you and DOM told him.

The remote control hooks on your belt, and is always available.

pdhanson

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2004, 02:20:20 am »
I have used a pole with a little tap at the bottom, let me tell you - Pain-In-The-Bum!

It was the unger hi-flo kit, comes with an inline tap.  The hose gets tangled around everything, and is not easy to get at while manouvering a pole.  I had only 5 litres of water, and I wasted a lot of it trying to balance everything while I fiddled with the tap!

I could understand why you might think its better to use a tap/pressure switch combination, but let me tell you, try it once and you wont be in doubt anymore!

Peter knows what he's on about on this one, a remote switch is the best way to solve this particular problem.  I would have given my right arm for one on that day!

Silly

pdhanson

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2004, 02:40:49 am »
Heh heh!  Yes that resin-sock carry on was a bit of a disaster in the end!

Dont try this at home kids!

Silly

Forum Admin

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2004, 11:20:39 am »
Peter,Dom,Jeff,and everyone else for that matter.Did`nt intend to start World War 3
over this remote control `thread`
Hmmmm,Dom,,, I don`t know you personally but what you write and say sounds good,
and does make sense to the `pure water layman` such as myself.
I do know both Jeff,and Peter for some time now,and had a great deal of help from them
both over many topics and issues.(Jeffs last post is the most practical I recon)
Just at present I`m slowly making my way forward on the D.I. side of things and just flicking
a key fob to stop the flow looks good in my view.(First seen 3 years ago Blackpool trade show
`Wash @ Glow` Peter Fogwill)Hope this clears things up a little.

Lewis.