« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 04:38:52 pm »
Sounds intriguing Lee

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

Re: lets try again shal we fellas!
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 04:55:49 pm »
thats his beer trolley

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 07:43:03 pm »
lee this is already doable, but there is no cost, it's just knowledge.Hardly anyone can figure it out , except on a hypothetical basis.I have even tried to explain it to people without actually spilling the beans and they still don't get it.

Occasionally you get the odd mad scheme- like those people who give you a card that says excuse the unusual approach- and suggest if you ring this number you can earn £500 pw - or joeuk's putting twenty pound notes onto leaflets to get attention.I'd call things like this marketing gimmicks.And then there's your leaflets canvassers and marketing pros like kate.I'd call this persistence marketing and of course this does produce results, particularly as you are selling a good product.

But there is another way, a way that even the slowest member on here once he's seen it would say- well that's obvious- blindingly obvious and blindingly successful.And because of this it makes your idea redundant because anyone can do this for nothing, they just need the knowledge.

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 08:03:58 pm »
The fed have 2,500

SB Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 08:19:55 pm »
I think the FWC should do it, might even be possible for the MGWC if there membership is high enough.
Do what mate?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 10:57:29 pm »
I would love to know what you think it is slumpbuster, or anyone else that thinks they know, i would be very suprised if you guess right. im not interested in gimicks! as i have said i am putting something together that will be a different way for us all to get new and strong customers for an affordable price. Slump, you should know that before wc I was a sales and marketing manager for a multinational company and ran a team of people that brought in over 2million pounds a year, before that I was the top salesman in the previous 2 jobs i had. That said im fairly confident that im on to a winner, its really just a case of how much it will cost.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

mikecam

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 11:19:25 pm »

this year i have spent 10k on large leaflet drops and so on, and yes it works, have a canvasser that works too,
Would you care to divulge how much buisness that investment has generated you?

Lee13

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 11:35:58 pm »
I've got a pretty good idea, something I dreamt up a while ago now. It would be interesting to find out if it's similar to yours. We'l just have to wait n see who gets there first ;)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 11:41:04 pm »
I would love to know what you think it is slumpbuster, or anyone else that thinks they know, i would be very suprised if you guess right. im not interested in gimicks! as i have said i am putting something together that will be a different way for us all to get new and strong customers for an affordable price. Slump, you should know that before wc I was a sales and marketing manager for a multinational company and ran a team of people that brought in over 2million pounds a year, before that I was the top salesman in the previous 2 jobs i had. That said im fairly confident that im on to a winner, its really just a case of how much it will cost.
whatever it is lee good luck I have had a chat with you and you seem like a chap with his head screwed on count me in!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 12:01:29 am »

this year i have spent 10k on large leaflet drops and so on, and yes it works, have a canvasser that works too,
Would you care to divulge how much buisness that investment has generated you?

about 400 regular customers with an average clean value of £17-£22, roughly 25% of those had at least one of our additional services with the first clean, most popular was conservatory roof for which we charge £3.50 per panel with a minimum price of £30, followed by gutter clearing with an average price of £70. many people spent 3-4 hundred pounds on multiple services with their first clean

In addition we have had the best year yet on jetwashing (i did 2 patios today in 6 hours with a total value of £390) and performing additional one-off services to people who already have a wc and didnt want to change.

we still have 25,000 leaflets in our unit to go out which will put us at 120,000 leaflets this year. new customers are still coming in every day.

mikecam

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 12:11:23 am »

about 400 regular customers with an average clean value of £17-£22, roughly 25% of those had at least one of our additional services with the first clean, most popular was conservatory roof for which we charge £3.50 per panel with a minimum price of £30, followed by gutter clearing with an average price of £70. many people spent 3-4 hundred pounds on multiple services with their first clean

In addition we have had the best year yet on jetwashing (i did 2 patios today in 6 hours with a total value of £390) and performing additional one-off services to people who already have a wc and didnt want to change.

we still have 25,000 leaflets in our unit to go out which will put us at 120,000 leaflets this year. new customers are still coming in every day.

Very good Lee. I am familiar with offering these extra services as a whole package, and see a growth in it. Not in a dissimilar way to the way property maintainance companies operate now for commercial premises. Not many people want to spend their time off cleaning gutters, conny roofs, windows, cutting grass, cleaning patios or drives or even wasting time searching for people to do it, a one stop shop is a no brainer. Good luck.

kate1

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 06:42:48 am »
Slumpbuster, very flattered "marketing pro" not so sure about that, very kind though.

Lee is your idea to do with "bulk buying" on a national scale

Lee Pryor

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 10:23:57 am »
Slumpbuster, very flattered "marketing pro" not so sure about that, very kind though.

Lee is your idea to do with "bulk buying" on a national scale

Hi Kate, no its not but I am going to try the national scale bit. As you know a great idear is usually a few good idears brought together, I run my wc business very differently to most, especially the way I price jobs and get new customers in, next year I will try something new and if it works well my idear is offer it on a national scale as a new way for wc to buy new customers as and when they want, where they want and for a more reasonable price than just leaflets or canvassers.

We all know there is loads of money in wc and that the residential market is very underserviced and that there are alot of cowboys still out there, the public want good reliable wc and we want strong well priced work to grow our businesses, im going to try to bring it all together while at the same time getting rid of the public image that window cleaners are loosers but people who run proper business and earn good money.

kate1

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 10:30:17 am »
Whats the time scale Lee?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 11:07:06 am »
Whats the time scale Lee?

the first stage will be for my business only and is being designed at the moment for next year and will use all of my marketing budget for next year, so i will be sacrificing our proven method of large leaflet campaigns to gamble on something new, by the end of next year i will have a clearer picture of whats possible and if its all good i will invite window cleaners from around the country to a meeting with me to go through it

kate1

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2010, 11:14:45 am »
Wish you good luck with it Lee, hope it all goes well

clarkson

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010, 11:28:37 am »

Hi Lee
  We are wfp, would like to be involved even if its to find out the plan. fed up with canvassing and leafleting.

cheers

john

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2010, 02:45:15 pm »
It probably seems as though i'm knocking and i don't mean too.The way you are going is impressive. I agree with pretty much everything you say, and my op is on a much humbler scale.

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2010, 03:04:13 pm »
Go this industry needs more people like you. If we can cast off this image of dumb, looser window clears. We need to amputate the dud limb that holds the total body back.