Simon Trapani

Where did my post go???
« on: April 07, 2023, 04:51:54 pm »
What happened to my post & some of Splash’s posts in the ‘Always change your vehicle insurance every year’ thread? Got a bit heated but where did Splash’s post of his email from Alexander Swan go? Did he remove it or did they ask him to?

Because by doing so I’m now starting to think it there is more to it with insurance companies regarding tanks & modifications!

NWH

Re: Where did my post go???
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 05:01:29 pm »
Simon if you don’t know now you never will m8 lol.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 05:02:03 pm »
I think the issue was posting 3rd party material

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 05:06:27 pm »
I guessed that but he’d blanked out the personal stuff. And where’d my post go? Maybe I’d quoted him so it contained the email? I can’t remember.

Strange world we live in. To me, if you put something in writing, then it’s on the record so to speak. If you don’t want it seen, don’t put it in writing🤷‍♂️

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 05:17:41 pm »
I reckon there's been a few squeeky bums in the Alexander Swan office this morning!!😄
When you're small town broker making inaccurate statements on behalf of the entire motor insurance industry!🤔
Comfortably Numb!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 05:20:25 pm »
I don’t know m8 but I’m guessing some answers will be along soon…

DJW

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 05:34:11 pm »
Screen shots are so easy these days.

DJW

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 05:39:25 pm »
I guessed that but he’d blanked out the personal stuff. And where’d my post go? Maybe I’d quoted him so it contained the email? I can’t remember.

Strange world we live in. To me, if you put something in writing, then it’s on the record so to speak. If you don’t want it seen, don’t put it in writing🤷‍♂️

Probably the lady was coaxed into something and emailed a statement that should have remained private.

GDPR and all that jaz

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2023, 05:53:54 pm »
I think the issue was posting 3rd party material

Darran
I thought it was fully comp.  ???
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2023, 06:28:25 pm »
I reckon there's been a few squeeky bums in the Alexander Swan office this morning!!😄
When you're small town broker making inaccurate statements on behalf of the entire motor insurance industry!🤔

I've just nipped to the supermarket and had to ring my insurance to check it was ok to carry a few tins of beans. Apparently if its in a carrier bag its not classed as a mod but should be declared anyway.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2023, 07:18:55 pm »
What happened to my post & some of Splash’s posts in the ‘Always change your vehicle insurance every year’ thread? Got a bit heated but where did Splash’s post of his email from Alexander Swan go? Did he remove it or did they ask him to?

Because by doing so I’m now starting to think it there is more to it with insurance companies regarding tanks & modifications!

I posted the email they sent me and in it it states that it’s only for the intended recipient ,not any 3 rd party and me posting it was a breach of GDPR  so all the posts showing it had to be removed , I should have read the small print first .

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2023, 07:26:45 pm »

There was no inaccurate statements , it’s a great pity as I have further emails that I could have posted from certain insurance companies themselves, but it would have been more difficult to remove my personal details , due to the layout of them .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2023, 07:52:50 pm »

I posted the email they sent me and in it it states that it’s only for the intended recipient ,not any 3 rd party and me posting it was a breach of GDPR  so all the posts showing it had to be removed , I should have read the small print first .

This is the reason.
It's a game of three halves!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2023, 08:16:44 pm »
Ridiculous imo.

But in all seriousness, just a final point on the original subject…maybe it is unfair that we get classed as modified. I think we do pay maybe slightly more. But personally I’m not prepared to take the chance or stand up in court & try prove my point. I don’t think it’s fair but I’d rather just pay the extra & be 100% sure I’m covered. I’m not saying some of you guys aren’t covered, you probably are.  I don’t really care. No offence. I just know my two vans are covered. If I’m paying slightly extra then so be it. It’s just not worth all the hassle.

I’m out now😀

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2023, 08:29:58 pm »
That's exactly right - make sure your covered.

But this works both ways - constantly stating things like "All insurance companies class it as a modification " etc.. Also does not help
it just winds people up - A. because its blatantly untrue  B. when providing the email it stated a strapped down tank is not a modification

Instead of saying "My opinion is right and what I say goes" - perhaps a bit of humility and say I think its better to declare a tank - it might prove to be a better decision than not saying anything - thats my advise

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2023, 08:59:11 pm »
Insurance companies aren't above the law Simon, for an insurance company not to pay out they have to prove the modification caused the accident,  in other words it effected the road handling, another reason is if the mod has added value to the vehicle and made it more attractive to thieves, think about it, how many modifications have you actually made and declared ? bolted in pole hooks, roof rack, Speedliner, Protectakote , van wrap, ply lined, fitted shelving, tow bar, bolted in pole hose, split charger, upgraded battery, the list is endless.

DJW

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2023, 09:18:55 pm »
True, but then you also have to pay for tool cover if you want it.

G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2023, 10:06:09 pm »
Insurance companies aren't above the law Simon, for an insurance company not to pay out they have to prove the modification caused the accident ,  in other words it effected the road handling, another reason is if the mod has added value to the vehicle and made it more attractive to thieves, think about it, how many modifications have you actually made and declared ? bolted in pole hooks, roof rack, Speedliner, Protectakote , van wrap, ply lined, fitted shelving, tow bar, bolted in pole hose, split charger, upgraded battery, the list is endless.
That's not true, is it?
If you have failed to notify them of a modification then they can invalidate your insurance. It doesn't have to be the cause of an accident and the vehicle doesn't even have to been involved in an accident.
It's about the information that you submit.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2023, 12:02:15 am »
Insurance companies aren't above the law Simon, for an insurance company not to pay out they have to prove the modification caused the accident,  in other words it effected the road handling, another reason is if the mod has added value to the vehicle and made it more attractive to thieves, think about it, how many modifications have you actually made and declared ? bolted in pole hooks, roof rack, Speedliner, Protectakote , van wrap, ply lined, fitted shelving, tow bar, bolted in pole hose, split charger, upgraded battery, the list is endless.

Lol eh you have to let the insurance company know about any modification “when you get your documentation through the post or online check the policy you are responsible “.
If they’ve not included everything relevant you have to then let them know so they can adjust everything covered,if they decide not to pay you out good luck they won’t make that decision if they can’t get away with it trust me.

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2023, 07:03:18 am »
Trust you?

Why in God’s name would anyone want to do something so obviously irresponsible?