Ian Lancaster

Where do you buy your leaflets?
« on: February 20, 2014, 05:15:51 pm »
It's been a long while since we had any printed - 10,000 last forever when you only put out 150 at a time! (We always have done a drop then followed up with a knock - there's a limit to how much of that you can do)

Now considering a mass drop so need to get some idea of what printing rates are and what sort of quality you get for your money.  Looking for A5 single (or possibly even double) sided in full colour with photos.

Anyone bought any recently?

Michael Peterson

Re: Where do you buy your leaflets?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:31:01 pm »
Print smarter .co.uk are good about 60 quid for 5000 used them a few times, flyer zone are cheap as well both companies offer good quality

Perfect Windows

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 05:31:16 pm »
Hi Ian, our leaflets are different, A4 folded to DL.  We recently found someone who was 2/3 the price of our previous supplier.  I thought that was a bit dangerous, so I spoke to them at length about why they were so cheap.

Basically there are different capacities of machines, so if you find someone who is setup for big runs in a particular format you may get a very pleasant surprise on the price.  So, someone like you coming to my printers for your A5 double sided would get a poor price (they are set up in a big way for my style of leaflet).

The guy said the key is to call round until you find someone.  If you're ordering a decent run, don't worry about finding a local company - we used to get ours from Warwick (112 miles away); delivery is pretty trivial compared to finding the right printers.

The other thing that's got us out of hot water a few times is that I pay bills on the day they arrive (often before the printer's even dispatched the goods).  That means that when I've had to call at short notice, they are keen to do our work first (printers suffer bad cashflow as much as most people).

Hope that helps,

Vin

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 05:32:42 pm »
I was going to give weloveflyers seem a good price

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 05:37:08 pm »
dp design and print in hull

Bill.upnw

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 05:44:15 pm »
Weloveflyers +1

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 05:48:39 pm »
Hi Ian, our leaflets are different, A4 folded to DL.  We recently found someone who was 2/3 the price of our previous supplier.  I thought that was a bit dangerous, so I spoke to them at length about why they were so cheap.

Basically there are different capacities of machines, so if you find someone who is setup for big runs in a particular format you may get a very pleasant surprise on the price.  So, someone like you coming to my printers for your A5 double sided would get a poor price (they are set up in a big way for my style of leaflet).

The guy said the key is to call round until you find someone.  If you're ordering a decent run, don't worry about finding a local company - we used to get ours from Warwick (112 miles away); delivery is pretty trivial compared to finding the right printers.

The other thing that's got us out of hot water a few times is that I pay bills on the day they arrive (often before the printer's even dispatched the goods).  That means that when I've had to call at short notice, they are keen to do our work first (printers suffer bad cashflow as much as most people).

Hope that helps,

Vin

Thanks Vin,

and everyone else ;)

robbo333

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 07:06:09 pm »
Saxoprint.

http://www.saxoprint.co.uk

They've got an online price calculator so can play with quantities/sizes etc. I use them every time and always been very good.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 10:53:20 pm »
Saxoprint.

They've got an online price calculator so can play with quantities/sizes etc. I use them every time and always been very good.

Just had a quick look - they add VAT to the price.  I thought these were 0%, or am I out of date?

davids3511

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 11:02:04 pm »

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 11:02:17 pm »
We love flyers.

wpclean

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 11:25:17 pm »
The problem I had was trying to convey my idea of what I wanted on the leaflet, I used this guy last year, and was really happy with the design, was perfect.

www.theleafletdesign.com

Frankybadboy

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 06:45:54 am »
vin

flyer don't work  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 07:03:57 am »
Saxoprint.

Just had a quick look - they add VAT to the price.  I thought these were 0%, or am I out of date?

VAT isn't chargeable if the leaflet is not meant to be kept.  Fine distinction but I suspect yours aren't meant to be retained.  If they say something like "keep this until you need us" then, strictly speaking, there should be VAT on them.  Possibly this printer is making sure they don't fall foul of the VATman.

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 07:04:33 am »
vin

flyer don't work  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Too right.  Who ever built a business based on leaflets?

Vin

robertphil

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 07:09:35 am »
thinkin back on the last 5yrs  ,i was very lucky , built a big round on  home grown leaflets .   burned out 2 or 3 printers in the process but learnt a lot,   found a c****ee who imports ink wholesale  so costs are really low

i will always print my own

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 10:29:14 am »
Vin, who do you use for your sytle of leaflet?
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Perfect Windows

roundbuilder

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 11:18:14 am »
Dont vistaprint do good leaflets?

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2014, 03:59:52 pm »
Thanks Vin - we use fairprint for 10000 A5 singled sided £105.00 - but changing and they were not as competitive on a different style.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk