simbag

Re: despatch vans good or bad idea
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 11:05:54 pm »
As it gives the impression of being a bit fragile and deoesn't really have the capacity to carry enough water for more than 1 cleaner on their own.
A great van for a sole trader though.

I beg to differ on that one, have same van myself with a 500 ltr tank, found that I only ever emptied the tank once on my own (long day and a lot of first cleans), otherwise I rarely used more than 2/3 of a full tank. I now work with my brother and we can do 7-8 hr day a still have about an inch of water in the bottom!

I guess it must be down to water usage, but its not like my flow rate is like a gnat trying to p either!

Just though I'd throw that into the pot!  :)

mark dew

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 12:08:18 am »
Wow, that's 1/2 a litre a minute. I use much more than that.
Fair play to you.

simbag

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 07:16:44 pm »
When I say 7-8 hr day, that is the length of the day we work, but when take into account driving and lunch you're probably talking somewhere between 5 1/2- 7 working hrs therefore I suppose thats between 11-14 man hours.

:o I've just worked that still works out just over half a litre per min per man!! Blimey!!! Surely not!

alanwilson

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 12:02:46 am »
we have an expert HDI with a 650ltr tank, carries it with ease.

great van, super engine, economical too.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 06:13:56 pm »
Mine has now done 106 000 with only minor trouble with the engine. I would get another one but am slowing down to retirement so its not worth it.

They do have an inherent problem with locks. If the end of the key wears the key will not turn the lock reliably. Get a new one cut and use that so the original does not wear out.
The other problem is that the black plastic surround on the side door keyholes can be pulled off with your fingers, this exposes the lock barrel. This has a very convenient rim round the top that enables the barrel to be  levered out with a screwdriver. I can open any of these vans in 20 secs with a 1/4" screwdriver. The answer, and I have done this after being broken open, is to remove the trim, run some instant glue round the top of the barrel and put the trim back on. They haven't been in since.

Otherwise great van for size comfort and reliability, especially the new ones.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

cottonbud10

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 05:25:55 pm »
thankyou all for your input...kev