roundbuilder

. New
« on: July 04, 2007, 11:12:55 pm »

niceandclean

Re: roundbuilders what it says on the tin.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 11:23:19 pm »
You obviously have heard what a great job Gemma and her team do for alot of us, and have decided to work off thier name, seems funny that you were not creative enough to come up with your own company name!! Even the email address is close!!

niceandclean

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 11:25:18 pm »
Gemma if that is you as you have changed your name slightly sorry!! But the posting doesnt seem articulate enough for you!!

niceandclean

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 11:40:02 pm »
Your using a similar name, and a similar email and i put a post on here a few days back with "roundbuilders have done what was on the tin"!! Seems extremely strange to me how it looks!!!

niceandclean

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 11:53:53 pm »
No my posting about what it says on the tin, dont tell me you have not looked at the site before joining and posting! Im all for people earning a living but not when they work off the back of someone elses good reputation!!

Rogue Trader

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 12:07:28 am »
so where are you based roundbuilder?

niceandclean

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 12:13:24 am »
erm iv been canvassing rounds for 3 years now and have helped many cleaners out there. a fellow windowcleaner said to me to try this site so I have. seems you have a problem with that. I dony feel iv trod on anyones toes or created a problem stealing a reputation. im a canvasser offering my services.

Ok, it just looks very sus to me!!!  I have been using Gemma and her girls @ roundbuilders for nearly a year now, and i have used a couple of others in the past and for me they are the best ive come across. I just wanted to protect them as they have always looked after me and they have a good rep!

Rogue Trader

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 12:22:17 am »
Are you still going out hitting the streets yourself or do you have canvassers that do it for you?

Trevor Knight

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 07:44:19 am »
Ok guy's lets calm this down and set the record straight shall we.

Firstly,

Roundbuilder - welcome to CIU and I hope you find this site useful for all aspects of your business. Please be aware we have several other companies on here who offer similar services, Window Cleaning Rounds Ltd, Roundbuilders, Doorknockers, Pat Dudley Smith are the ones who spring to mind.

There have been and not doubt still will be times when the roundbuilding hasn't gone to plan and the window cleaner has been left high and dry, I also understand some window cleaners have not paid in full for the services either, so it's swings and roundabouts. All I will ask is if you are on here you provide a professional service and don't exploit our members.

Good luck and best wishes to you.

Secondly,

Niceandclean - I understand your reaction but have to say it's not the first time a name has been used that is similar or identical to another company. I don't think your slander was appropriate and perhaps a different approach would have been more appropriate as it may well have been a genuine mistake by a NEW member?

Let's give people the benefit of the doubt, Roundbuilders, you may wish to look at your name as it is similar on here to another comapny, perhaps you should change your profile name to avoid confusion? I do apprciate its hard based on what you do - Maybe try names such as "Knock Knock" - Round Expanders - Customer Creators - I don't know, but theres a few suggestions for what they are worth!

Trevor

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

KarlJones

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 10:21:42 am »
Go on, I will throw a suggestion or 3 in the hat too.

Round Masters.
Round Makers.
Round and a Round
Round About
Clean a Round
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Roundbuildersuk

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 10:36:57 am »
"Roundbuilders" is a successful female canvassing company that I established 18 months ago. We provide a unique service to the window cleaning industry and have worked hard to achieve a loyal client list with whom i have built a great working relationship with. So thank you to everyone for their business to date!

It is a shame that there may now be confusion between 2 canvasing companies with similar names, as when establishing my company i wanted to ensure that the name I used was distinctive, which is why i did some prior research. Thanks to those for their concern but I am sure this must have been an oversight and I wish round builder every success with his new venture.

Roundbuilders continues to build new, quality rounds for window cleaners and other cleaning related industries. Should anyone be interested in talking to me more about the professional services we provide, please feel free to contact me at: roundbuildersuk@hotmail.com

roundbuilders.com is our registered domain. Our website is currently still under construction I am afraid. I hope to have it up and running in the near future so i will keep you all posted.

KarlJones

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 10:59:27 am »
Of course she didn't have to but why not?

Take a tip from us window cleaners and help each other out, instead of seeing more experienced people as competition view them as friends of the industry.

I think we can all understand that at the moment your probably feeling a bit defensive.  Do not worry, no one means harm it is just knee jerk reactions.

Do a good job, get a good reputation and you will have no problems.  As window cleaners we tend to ask each other for advice on who to choose so chill a bit and enjoy it.

KarlJones

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 11:05:41 am »
No worries, I am sure if you passed a bit of work that you don't want her way it would all be forgiven :)

Davie T

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 02:51:49 pm »
Reading thru the postings on this thread, I have rarely seen so many aggressive responses.
Am I the only one ?

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 08:03:09 pm »
Reading thru the postings on this thread, I have rarely seen so many aggressive responses.
Am I the only one ?
nope, it happens sometimes, some like to be this way. But there are many members that help out alot and are nice with it. Text shows no emotion so can come across bad some times.

qcs cleaning

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 11:53:20 am »
Guys and Gals

I can vouch for roundbuilders in the SE London area as I have spoken to them on two seperate occassions but never used them as I just haven't got round to it.  He spoke allot of sense and sounds very reasonable, he has been established for around a year or so, so get off your high horse 'nice and clean' and do your research first before you start throwing around 'rumours' as you can harm his reputation as a business.

good luck roundbuilder and roundbuildreuk

Stevie G

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 02:05:15 pm »
I can vouch for roundbuilders in the SE London area as I have spoken to them on two seperate occassions but never used them as I just haven't got round to it

I'm sure that roundbuilders are kosher, but f you have ONLY spoken to roundbuilders how can you vouch for them?  Only if you go out with them can you actually see what they are like.   Verbals prove very little.   What he/she says to you could be fluff.

stfc

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 08:33:53 pm »
give him a break hes only trying to do a business stop being so pickey

niceandclean

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 09:17:36 pm »
Ha ha, well its like saying there is a business called burger king, and it has a good reputation ect, then someone comes along and calls themself burger kings!!  ::)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 01:08:29 pm »
not really, round building is a common phrase e.g. "i will build a round" therefore i am a roundbuilder bit different from burger king "i am king of the burgers" not the same at all i think that if you choose a common phrase for your business name that is used in everyday language then you should expect people with a similar name to start up ...... all canvassers and "roundbuilders" are in the same boat and tarnished with the same brush - it is down to your specific service to differentiate yourself from the competition. :)