marshy69

Access to the back of houses
« on: January 02, 2007, 06:28:34 am »
Hi,

I wanted to know whether you specify dates to customers for there next clean or would you just turn up on your on your wnext cycle. The reason that I ask is that a lot of people don't always leave there back gate open for access so you won't be able to do it. I am assuming that specifying dates is a no no as it restricst what work you can take on.

Paul Coleman

Re: Access to the back of houses
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 08:04:45 am »
Hi,

I wanted to know whether you specify dates to customers for there next clean or would you just turn up on your on your wnext cycle. The reason that I ask is that a lot of people don't always leave there back gate open for access so you won't be able to do it. I am assuming that specifying dates is a no no as it restricst what work you can take on.

I do not take on work with poor access unless it is VERY well paid.  Even then, if they start messing it about, I conclude the arrangement.  I have some gate keys and some customers have a combination lock set up and tell me the combination.  I only have two or three jobs now where I need to pre-arrange.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 10:59:34 am »
Arrange to call night b4 to arrange for gate to be left open. If you get there the next day and the gate is locked clean the fronts and charge full price.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

ScrimShady

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 08:11:41 pm »
what i do is arrange to ring them the night before and they leave the gate open for me, i have a lot of customers like this and i have not had a problem with any of them.

Helen

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 08:14:10 pm »
The access question is one you should be asking at point of quotation, if the gate is locked on a regualr basis then arrange a pre-call or e-mail as Trevor suggested, Wouldn't suggest you clarify dates in  advance to customers as this then puts unecessary pressure on you if you should be unfit or fall behind

tatman

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 09:56:20 pm »
access can be a pain. Try and avoid to much ringing round it can get on your nerves. :'( Try and avoid appointments if poss because the weather etc can put your cycle out quite offen in winter. I gain access over the garage on a few houses but it isnt really ideal to be honest and like someones already stated if you cant get access clean the front i charge 75% for this service. Never leave a house ;D Access is something we all have to put up with im guessing even worst if wfp ???

pylofm

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 05:03:13 pm »
I do have scheduled dates for cleans and I like it this way....each customer knows when I am due next and if I turn up and access if not available as agreed...the customer is billed for the full price..

Had a lady the other day fail to do this, she then rang and complained saying that it wsas not fair, she was then refered to the terms and conditions that we both agreed to...in the end she saw our side of it..i.e we allocate time to clean her house on a particular day and if we cannot clean she is still billed.

I am aware that some people do not like to schedule work, I do and find that it suits me.

No access...no problem, you're still billed.

Cheers
Dave.