WildWater

A quick note to say hi
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:31:27 pm »
What can I say? I have been amazed by the information available and readily given on this forum.

For someone like myself, entering into the profession for the first time, it has been extremely useful.

Having worked in the corporate world for some time, and deciding to make the break from it 4 months ago, I found myself wondering what I could do to bring an income in, that was flexible, outdoors and allow me to live a life.

I live in a cottage and found myself looking at the windows thinking ' hmmm, they could do with a clean, mind you I haven't seen a window cleaner since I moved to the area 3 years ago...............hmm window cleaner....... outdoor work......own boss.....flexible....I wonder..... let's google it and see what comes up..'

THree weeks later, having scoured the forums, for advice and getting a balanced view of the work, and undertaking the skills training day at BWCA I have purchased the basics, ordered my business cards, which should arrive in the next two days, and have just finished cleaning my windows !!!!!!

I am now looking at taking the next step.......canvassing the local areas.

I have taken on board the advice not to poach clients, very ethical and will endeavour to make this work.

I would also appreciate some time spent with someone in the area to get to grips with the job and realistic expectations and real world advice.

Many thanks for taking the time to read through this rambling post

Be Fearless & Keep Smiling

Steve

reah

Re: A quick note to say hi
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:39:09 pm »
Hey
Well done and hope all goes well.
Try to be as professional as you can.
Allways be honest.
Get an identity ie uniform even if it is just  polo shirts with your name on.
Allways be polite and you will get noticed.
never try to cut corners.
You have made the best decision you will ever make.
Reah

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 05:53:07 pm »
Welcome Steve,

We are based in Andover, Hampshire.

If you want a day out let us know and we will arrange for ya. We are van mounted WFP and also some traditional commercials, mainly inside only.

Good luck and welcome to a wonderful industry.

best wishes, Trev  ;)
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

brett walker

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 10:28:12 pm »
welcome steve

good luck

brett