paul michelle

building your own window cleaning round
« on: February 14, 2006, 08:04:57 am »
I am trying to build up a domestic window cleaning round but i want to know what is the best way to get customers leaflet drops or door knocking or if you have any ideas on getting new customers please let me know ?
also what is the most popular way to price houses?

supernova77

Re: building your own window cleaning round
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 04:13:30 pm »
I have built a round up very quickly by doorknocking, I still do it too, when I'm not out cleaning I am out canvassing. I make a list of the people who are not in and then call back there in the evening or at a weekend, so that I make sure I actually speak to everyone in any one area.

It seems to be working for me. Sometimes you can go a whole day without picking any new work up, but then other days you get loads - Yesterday for example I picked up £250 worth of work for next week!  :)

I don't really have a system for pricing up a job... I try to work out how long it would take to clean the house and then work out a price based on that.

Andy

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 08:20:27 am »
door knocking is the by far best way, try after schools hours and weekends
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 09:11:01 pm »
I built a round by leafletting, but it took time, and it was because I didn't have the guts; at first; to door knock.

Remember with leaflets you'll have around a one or two percent success rate.  So for every hundred leaflets you post, you'll only get one or two calls.

However, if you get a few calls from one street, canvass there.

Wor Lass and I posted leaflets non-stop for two weeks.  Thousands and thousands of them.

We ended up with a round scattered all over the place.

window wonder

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 05:47:00 pm »
i find speaking to folk face to face is best . im in a similar situation as yourself .
i think people like to see who is cleaning there windows .
i just make sure i smile and introduce my self as cleaning windows in the area .
 :)
slwcn member

Jago

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 12:13:31 am »
Door knocking for me

picked up £36 worth of work, six houses in 1 hour of door knocking only knocked on 30 houses and 6 were out got my list and will be back for a couple more hours tomorrow

All in same street across the road from where i live and there is about another 90 in that street to knock on

Also you know where to plan your best route as you have knocked it and walked it,

remember the more time on the ladders the more money than stuck in the car
To Do Is To Dare

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 05:21:45 pm »
We ended up with a round scattered all over the place

Tosh you have my round.

But the next few months things are going to change fed up spending more time driving than cleaning

Paul

Trevor Knight

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 11:34:32 am »
Definately door knocking is best by miles, leaflets are not personal, although having said that, I use a card which goes through every nextdoor neighbour of the houses I clean explaing I clean thier neighbours, ask them to ask their neighbour what our service is like and if they want us to clean their house give us a call or tell their neighbour. I pick up on average 15 new customers a month by doing this.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

mick hay

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 05:14:05 pm »
i started last june, and in the summer months it wasnt to bad going out knocking, but im a single parent with a young lad so when the nights drew in it wasnt fair on him so i thought i would give leaflets a go! i can honestly say i wished i had done it from the beginning!!Myself, i have picked up so much work from leaflets i dont think i will ever bother knocking a door again. i am now strating to get the " i got your leaflet last year and meant to call you" brigade. when leafleting you have to aim at getting say 5,000 a month out. it doesnt really matter if your round is "here" and "there" cos if you price correctly you will still be on a good hourly rate. i have even put my prices up since to new customers, my confidence has gone through the roof cos of the response.   i also find that when they call you, your in the driving seat as they have asked you!!  im not knocking door knocking at all,  but i will now always use leaflets!!

D Scott

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 03:16:21 pm »
I always leaflet an area first, then if I pick up a customer from this I doorknock the whole street. I will just say that I clean their neighbours windows etc, it feels a little bit less like coldcalling which I don't really enjoy doing

farkam

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 04:42:09 pm »
it really depends which way to go...
try yourself every method, then you find your way  ;)

Chris - CBWC

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 10:41:43 am »
I started setting my own round up just a few weeks ago and used all the advice that is in these forums.  Post leaflets then go back the next day, or in a couple of days, and knock on the doors introducing youself and saying you posted a leaflet, would they like a quote.  Last night I got £80 of work and I currently have 22 regular clients.  I generally knock from 17:30-19:30 (at very latest) and if I have time during the day and I see people are in, then I'll knock then too.  To speed things up, I only knock if I can see lights are on or if they have cars in the drive.  If not, make a note, then go back another day.

Chris

Biscute

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 12:22:34 pm »
Door knocking m8 quicker, cheaper, faster and easyer, what more can i say
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 08:44:58 pm »
We ended up with a round scattered all over the place

Tosh you have my round.

But the next few months things are going to change fed up spending more time driving than cleaning

Paul

Paul,

Over the past three years my round has condensed into a reasonably profitable round and I can now pay all my bills and stuff; even the back payments on the stuff I couldn't before!

Wahay!

I've also culled parts of my round that didn't grow; probably somewhere in the region of 100 to 150 houses.