wayne dee

yet another newbie with loads of questions
« on: April 25, 2012, 07:30:58 am »
Hi All,
           about to start canvassing as i think i have an ideal area to target, going to be starting off trad as i cant really afford a WFP set up to start off bit of a silly sounding question, but if the majority of my customers are going to be 2 storey domestics, what size and type of ladder would you reccomend? would you go to just the height of the sill? or would you reccomend getting a longer ladder?

TN Cleaning Services Ltd

Re: yet another newbie with loads of questions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:48:31 am »
Get a 2 or 3 part ladder and you adjust it up and down to the required height.

tacky

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 11:33:02 am »
3 or 3.5 double titan .is a good all rounder

wayne dee

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 11:38:17 am »
thanks for your input guys, great weather to be out in eh?  ;D

johnny bravo

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 12:55:58 pm »
i use heavy duty roofing ladders for safety and durability, easier to run up.

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 12:29:11 am »
3 or 3.5 double titan .is a good all rounder
spot on although I would go for 3.5 as that will cover most, and including doing gutter cleans, make sure it is D rung (it will save pain in your feet
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Griffus

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 10:28:16 am »
http://www.ladderstore.com/ladders/window-cleaners-ladders/heavy-duty-extending-window-cleaners-ladders-9-rung.html

These come in a few sizes. Only used this type recently as they came with a van I bought. I have to admit that they make things easier when access is tricky as you can approach from more angles.

Not sure about the ones in the link but the ones I have are heavier than our standard sets, they also have rounded rungs as opposed to the 'D' rungs mentioned by an earlier poster. 'D' rungs are better for frequent use so worth checking before you buy.