Richy essex

1st clean products trad
« on: August 02, 2011, 10:08:27 pm »
any one tell me what they do on a  1st clean trad methods and what products they use how far they go etc etc with the plastic frames and sills do u just wipe it over or scrub it or try to restore it or what! i have been doing them already  but just wondered ta??   :o :o

bobby p

Re: 1st clean products trad
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 11:01:41 pm »
i tell them its 3 cleans till the frames start shining,  its true too/   
  you can scrub as hard as you want,they rarely shine on the first visit. but wiping them down on 3 seperate visits  they suddenly come good.      the 3= clean= story ties them in a bit too, by the 3rd frame scrub theres a bit of  loyalty created ,of sorts

i just use my usual scrubber that i use on the glass ,on the frames and wipe with scrimcloth after

id never use special chemicals ,just use washing up bucket water,  if you use anything harsh there could be a comeback later   

Richy essex

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 11:35:25 am »
i think i will copy that idea mate i think that is a good way to go about it when i first started i was desperate to please and spent ages scrubbing etc but now have realised i dont want to be doing this every time for nowt i dont like the idea of charging extra for 1st clean either as i think it could put people off. i wanted to clarify all this cos im about to push my canvasing etc i think il stick to the fairy and cloths too as i also have concerns over using chemicals etc  in case they damage or fade plastic etc  cheers

Rick Ward

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:39:33 pm »
It's true what Bobby says- I've been cleaning for years- still don't know why it is though!!!