combat1

hose and reel suggestions
« on: October 15, 2017, 10:06:54 am »
Upgrading, at long last! from tank in van and backpack to pump, controller etc.
Anybody got suggestion as to the best hose, and reel.
Budget a bit tight and am looking at Gardiners Claber reel and microbore hose?
Thsnks

andyM

Re: hose and reel suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 10:31:09 am »
If budget is tight then the Claber is not a bad option.
One of the Plebs

Slash

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 04:09:42 pm »
Maybe something heavier as they are so easy to pull them over when reeling out.

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 06:04:10 pm »
I have two Claber reels and I like them. First one I had for about 5 years and had to replace the spindle, so I bought the second one while I was waiting for the part to come. I use one in the van and one for custys tap when doing connie roofs, gutters etc.
My main hose is gardiners reinforced pole hose. (Yes I know you shouldn't but I do). I use about 60m of it with an additional 30m of minibore. I've used it for years and it's been great. It has swollen now so looks like microbore, but it's been so good I am reluctant to replace it. I may try 60m of Gardiners Green PU hose.
That's the kind of guy I am... ;D

PS I've cable tied mine to the top of my tank frame. It's going nowhere!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 05:48:23 pm »
I have two Claber reels and I like them. First one I had for about 5 years and had to replace the spindle, so I bought the second one while I was waiting for the part to come. I use one in the van and one for custys tap when doing connie roofs, gutters etc.
My main hose is gardiners reinforced pole hose. (Yes I know you shouldn't but I do). I use about 60m of it with an additional 30m of minibore. I've used it for years and it's been great. It has swollen now so looks like microbore, but it's been so good I am reluctant to replace it. I may try 60m of Gardiners Green PU hose.
That's the kind of guy I am... ;D

PS I've cable tied mine to the top of my tank frame. It's going nowhere!
Just to let you Know Robbo , the Gardiner green goes a bit wirey in the colder temps , its fine in the summer lays flat as you like but i was finding it a bit coily now , i am running hot now so not an issue anymore , it could just be that its newish but i have definately seen a change in it .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

callum99

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 07:03:27 pm »
Don't get one from pure freedom,, the one i purchased doesn't stop spinning round when you've stopped pulling, consequently it unwinds itself and then fall's off the reel and gets tangled round the spindle, tried everything to stop it doing that

britishwill

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 07:21:24 pm »
Speak to them. Andy has sorted mine out!