derek west

finally
« on: March 30, 2010, 05:56:45 pm »
finally got my new toy, all i need now is some customers to play with. flyers and websites should get the ball rolling.

Alan McTernan

Re: finally
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 06:59:05 pm »
That is a lovely looking trailer!!! ;D
 Where did you get it from? And how much? (if you dont mind me asking) ;)

derek west

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 07:40:48 pm »
ebay alan, apparantly ds says ive paid over the odds for it but personally if it makes lots of money for me then it doesn't really matter what i paid. i paid £2800. honda 390 poseiden 1100pe motor,220 bar, 18lpm,  250 galllon tank, 40 meter hose, normal 2 jet lance,2 X  turbo spinner lances, extender lance to higher than a house, gutter lance, 2 x spinner brush lances for vehicle and conservatory washing,chemical injecter thingy, 16 inch rsc, petrol leaf blower, metal A-board, petrol cans, numerous bits and bobs, all custom built by hugh crane, costing £9000 3 years ago. extremely well looked after.

i'm a very happy chappy, can't wait to have a play but after 9 hours driving today i just wanna chill.

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 07:48:36 pm »
I would'nt consider you paid over the odds - it looks like a solid piece of kit that will far outlast the fodder built by the beansprout scoffers and will give a good stream of income. DS seems to have his own agenda and likes to buy kit from Beryl box. If you get any problems I'll be happy to help should I know the answers 8)

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 08:04:28 pm »
hi there

yes looks great and the price is relative as long as you are happy, a couple of decent commercial warehouse cleans, cladding etc, and its well in profit.

so enjoy, love playing with new toys.

the other thing is, that when you turn up with that the customers know that you mean business. so delivers the right image.

and if the neighbours see you working then you might pick up some more work.

regards

martin

Alan McTernan

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 08:27:37 pm »
£2800.00 for a complete PW set up that looks the mutts nutts!!! Thats money well spent if you ask me....but what do i know?  ::)

Anyway best of luck ;)

Regards
Alan

derek west

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 08:52:15 pm »
cheers guys, nothing like positive feed back from the pro's when youve just spent your kids inheritance money on something you like, but  not to sure youve made the right decision.

and cheers bdcs, i'll stick your number on speed dial ;D just in case.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 08:58:53 pm »
Derek

If you are prepeared to invest in a very good trailer/pressure washing set up, invest a little more and get a CSCS card (for working on construction) and an IPAF license (cherry pickers) and then you can cover all angles.

I wish you well in your new avenue. As BDCS has already said, any assistance I will be happy to help as well.

Good to see someone who is starting with the right gear!!!

Rob ;D

drive surgeon

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 09:09:35 pm »
i said it was a lot of money. which it is. i still think it is a good bit of kit.

bdcs-  my machine is a tech clean,   as good as you can get for a 13 hp machine.  :-*

my whirlaway is a 20" stainless steel and is awesome and looks miles better than the yellow and blue models. it tears the moss and weeds off no problem.  :-*

yes i got the whirlaway from merril fox and had great service and it only cost £350 delivered to my front door. the cheapest quote i got over here for the same model was £750 and its now on ebay shops new for £999.  :o

so i think i got a fantastic deal instead of getting ripped off here!!  8)

derek good luck mate. i did not mean to put you off saying it was expensive.

i suppose my way of thinking is get the work first before investing that much (build up slowly) but if you can recoup the outlay on top of all the advertising and running costs then great for you!  :)     i will help you if you need any advice also.

derek west

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 09:28:31 pm »
cheers rob, will look into all that. just put my name on the council registar but guessing i'll need all that if it comes to tendering, not holding my breath with the council though, booking on the graffiti course next month hopefully, and i got a few jobs lined up this week that i'm doing cheap to practice on.

cheers ds, thats 3 on speed dial, wifes not gonna be happy when she finds out theres no room for her ;D

drive surgeon

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 09:31:28 pm »
derek go on the graffiti hotline course it was great. i went 2 years ago and got invaluble hands on practice and now i have done loads of graffiti removal. :D

derek west

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 09:33:43 pm »
derek go on the graffiti hotline course it was great. i went 2 years ago and got invaluble hands on practice and now i have done loads of graffiti removal. :D
thats the one i'm going on, 20th of april if theres any room left.  any other good courses that may be of help to me?

drive surgeon

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 09:36:28 pm »
well i went on the resiblock training course ages ago too but i dont do sealing anymore. its to much hassle and its damp a lot in this country so you dont get much chance to do it.  stick to cleand and re-sanding and you can go back every year then  :D

stalwart

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 09:54:54 pm »
Can you do hot and steam with it?
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

derek west

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 10:03:32 pm »
stalwart
if i buy a hot box then i'm guessing it can handle it. but no at the moment, hot box is only around a grand so if and when really.

ds
yeah was gonna do the smart seal course, even though from what ive read on here, (i won't be sealing outdoor surface) i still think a sealing type course would benefit.

drive surgeon

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 10:12:15 pm »
if you do do a sealing course do the resiblock course as its the best.  they are building a registered resiblock contractor website so you want your name associated with the best sealer. im a registered installer but i try not to do it unless i get a massive commercial clean, sand and seal job.

why not get  a hot box like me. £650 all in. ;)

derek west

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 10:32:45 pm »
get used to the cold water cleaning before i get a hot box, if and when i do get a hotbox i might buy from malcleanse, he's been really helpfull and patient with me so i owe him a bit of business. all round nice bloke.

gwrightson

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 11:31:36 am »
Derick,
As i,m not sure what type of pump you have I would suggest you look into it before you start adding a hot box,
i was led to believe that not all pumps will handle the hot water when i suggested running my hot box through my tech clean Honda.

I may be wrong , but this is what I was told.

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

trevor perry

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 11:33:01 am »
looks a good bit of kit for what you paid, just check that there is a good water prefilter after the tank and before the pump as any dirt in tank can do some costly damage, also when using the machine and you let go of trigger does it feed water back to tank if it doesnt then get this put on pretty quick as it helps keep the pump cool and prolongs its life any questions feel free to ring my mobile is on my website.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

trevor perry

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 11:35:16 am »
Derick,
As i,m not sure what type of pump you have I would suggest you look into it before you start adding a hot box,
i was led to believe that not all pumps will handle the hot water when i suggested running my hot box through my tech clean Honda.

I may be wrong , but this is what I was told.

geoff
the hotbox heats the water after the pump so he shouldnt have a problem as long as he gets a hotbox that can heat water as fast as the flowrate on his machine.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

johnmaggy

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 11:40:05 am »
Hi, best thing with that kit is everybody in town knows you got it, I reckon people will pay more for you to show up with that monster than just a pressure washer and a wheelie bin to put the water in. Still having problems round Brum with £50 a drive merchants and there karcher speed racers >:( lol

Good luck to you.

derek west

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 06:32:50 pm »
cheers trevor and john, if i get a hotbox, like i said i'll get one from malcleanse so i'll know i'm getting the right kit for the job, he really knows his stuff.

had a play today, machine is awesome. plenty of power, lovin it. did half this decking today, came up nice but feel there must be something we could put down as a prespray to get a better result. this was done with just water

cleaner-exteriors

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 07:33:21 pm »
nice set up derek just keep it secure at night as im sure our traveller friends will also like the look of it!!

jamie stevenson

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 09:35:05 pm »
just reading through everybodys replys trailer looks great ive just brought 1 with a diesel hot or cold with water tank and that cost me £5000 also ive done that graffiti coarse with graffiti hotline absulute briliant coarse well worth the money very hands on

jamie

derek west

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 09:45:47 pm »
whats the spec on the pressure washer jamie, are you new to pressure washing like me or is your trailer an upgrade. sounds like a good price for hot and diesel spec, got any piccies so i can have a gander?

drive surgeon

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 09:47:13 pm »
derek-  its best not to use high pressure on decking. its best to treat with a pre spray then low pressure rinse off to leave like new. pressure on wood is not ideal.  :)

derek west

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 09:53:16 pm »
whats the best prespray ds, we tried a high alkali but did nothing. don't worry, we were cleaning our own decking. not ready to be let loose on paying custies just yet.

drive surgeon

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 10:00:00 pm »
depending on what type of wood it is you should use sodium hypochlorite watered down say 50-50. spray on and leave to eat into the algae then low pressure rinse off. it should look like new.

i have heard some reports on her of idiots using turbo nozzles on decking  :o  :o  :o

i have seen rings and allsorts on decking after someone has used a fsc on full and destroyed the decking.

decking is a pain. make sure you price right as all the spindles and hand rails take ages and make sure you price right if your using extra chemicals.  :)

jamie stevenson

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 10:06:49 pm »
its a trailer made by trafalger cleaning in horsham it has a karcher hs1000de yanmar  engine which is 200bar and goes up 2 150 degrees new on here so not used to putting pics on thay have pics on trafalger cleaning website its the twin axil 1 it was ex hire but new thay are £12,000 seams very good! just starting up in the uckfield, east sussex area near brighton

jamie

cleaner-exteriors

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 11:12:50 pm »
Jamie they are a good firm, im on surrey/sussex borders and have used them for a few things, sounds like a bargain

trevor perry

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 12:08:18 pm »
jamie they are a very good machine just make sure that you keep the diesel clean by replacing the filter regularly as the burners can be a bit tempramental if dirt gets in the nozzles this can be a real hassle if burner doesnt fire up when required and so floods the boiler with diesel

jamie stevenson

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 06:01:02 pm »
been using red deseal in it is that ok? or do u think should stick with normal deseal?

derek west

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 06:03:06 pm »
this done yesterday without a chem, will see if we can get a better result with either bleach or SH tomorrow.

trevor perry

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2010, 07:05:30 pm »
been using red deseal in it is that ok? or do u think should stick with normal deseal?
red diesel is ok just put a cheap plastic inline filter before the burner and change it regularly, they are see through and you can see when it is getting dirty. I change mine every month they only cost a couple of quid.

jamie stevenson

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2010, 11:41:29 pm »
will do thanks,  trevor

jamie stevenson

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 09:24:17 pm »
hope fully this will work derek! my trailer

derek west

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2010, 09:40:43 pm »
nice that jamie, i'd be tempted to paint it and get it lettered up.

don't need it yet but would love a heater on mine.

stalwart

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2010, 09:52:54 pm »
red diesel is ok just put a cheap plastic inline filter before the burner and change it regularly, they are see through and you can see when it is getting dirty. I change mine every month they only cost a couple of quid.

you dont need one,theres already a filter built in
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

jamie stevenson

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2010, 11:16:36 pm »
being completly coverd in vinyl soon same as vecheals be black with reflective orange and chrome writting thanks for letting me know about the filter i dont no anything about the machine other than what it does thanks stalwart

Alan McTernan

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 07:58:44 am »
Nice set up Jamie ;) Where did you pick it up? Is it a Trafalger machine?

jamie stevenson

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 09:40:17 am »
yes alan got it from trafalger cleaning in horsham just got to get a fsc etc then off i go hopefully!