lindsey

Insurance
« on: November 08, 2003, 05:47:11 pm »
I am currently setting up a new "One off and spring cleaning" company in Essex but I am not sure what level of insurance is required or how much it might cost. I am intending to do mostly domestic homes but maybe also care homes and commercial. Can anyone provide any info or recommend suitable insurers?  

I would be grateful of any little snippet...

Many thanks

Lindsey :)
Limebrook House

Jake

Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 10:30:22 pm »
Lindsey

I would think public liability insurance for office and domestic cleaning would suffice. You would be insured for a £1000000. We are insured with M M A and it costs us £130 a year, although I'm sure you could get it cheaper.

Jake  (westclean)
Exeter, Devon

Forum Admin

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 11:40:16 pm »
Hi Lindsey It all depend on how many staff you employ its about 2 million Pounds but you best talk to these people at http://www.marsh.co.uk  

Majestic

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 02:08:03 am »
Have you tried getting a online quote , just type in insurance and you should get quite a few companys then pick one that does online quotes ,  you have to fill in all your details ,I did this with my public liability cover and saved  £45 but you have to shop around  8)

STEVE71163

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2003, 04:56:52 pm »
Darwin Clayton are worth a go as they have always given good quotes for cleaning contractors.

www.darwinclayton.co.uk

Hope this helps ;)

Steve