Mark Betts

Cleaning Patios etc
« on: November 02, 2003, 03:34:39 pm »
Does anyone offer a patio pressure washing service etc/

If so what machine do you use. Petrol, electric?

Do you take your own water?

How much do you charge??

Thanks

Mark
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

locko

Re: Cleaning Patios etc
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 04:45:16 pm »
;D Hi Mark,  my company offers a patio cleaning service.  I am fully mobile, using petrol driven washers and a rotary cleaning system that leaves none of the striping that people always get with a lance, I have 1000 ltr tanks on each of my vans and this can clean most patios with ease...should we run out I am fully licenced to fill up at a wash out so that doesn`t cause any problems...I am also fully insured...

I treat the area with an algae retardent whilst cleaning thereby reducing new growth....

As an "average" if there are such things...it would cost approx £1:00 / £1:50 per sq m...depending on what is being cleaned,,,ie concrete, paving slabs or block paving.

I also offer a re-sanding and sealing service, prices for this vary too much to give an average...

I cover the whole of Greater Manchester including some of Cheshire and Lancashire....but who knows...you give me an definite order number for a few thou` and I`ll send my lads anywhere...Have Fun....Locko....(web site being built as we speak).... ;D ;D ;D

DP

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 01:35:27 am »
Hi Locko

What machine do you recommend and rotary system as there is so many to choose from.

Also sanding and sealing, I take  that as being "decks" ?

DP
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 03:11:51 pm »
I have only used the WhirlAway System which you can find on the dual pumps website.....they are in Melton Mowbray but will advise you of the nearest distributor..

There are different sizes and one type that runs on castors and one that runs on a nylon bristle brush....the castor type didn`t suit me....they kept bending and buckling so I only have the bristle ones now.....a good point is that when you are doing block paving the bristle are good for getting any moss out....

As for sanding and sealing....sanding by definition is simply brushing in kiln dried sand to firm up the blocks and prevent movement....sealing can be a swine and I tend not to do it if poss.....do a good job at the right price and you will get the job again next year with a little bit of good selling....my database is 3/4 full for the 1st 3 months of next year...just from ones I have already done.....Have Fun.... ;D

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 03:13:29 pm »
We're a distributor for the Whirl-away system - should be on our website shortly but if anyone needs more info in the meantime please ring us.

DP

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2003, 04:03:08 pm »
Yup I knew all that , I DID HONEST !!!

ok ok so maybe I didnt, but I do now  ;D

Thanks Locko
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!