16.7%
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: March 29, 2006, 12:35:35 am

Ali_D

Re: clients and cleaners
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 09:35:47 pm »
Hi Lisa

You mentioned that she is still claiming.  Perhaps she took the job to stop the DSS breathing down her neck. If you're on job seekers allowance, and a suitable job becomes available you have to go for an interview and show you're looking for work, otherwise they'll stop the benefits.  If this is the case, she's probably looking to be sacked.
Good luck
Ali

handyali

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 11:20:34 pm »
very good point daviesali. i have heard of this many times. you need to be wary too that she is declaring that she is working to the DSS. you do not want to be seen as a colusive(excuse spelling  ::) ) employer.
All the best and at least you have the backing of the other Lisa

dustycorner

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006, 02:46:50 pm »
I had a woman turn up for an interview once who had no intention of getting the job at all. I actually asked her whether she wanted the job or was at interview because she had to be, she admitted it was the later. She told me that she spent her days watching tv!. The reason this particular lady sticks in my mind though is because she stunk so badly of being unwashed and of urine i vomited during the interview. At which point the interview ended.

Cheers Mark.

handyali

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2006, 04:56:57 pm »
 :o  :-X say no more !!

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2006, 10:12:25 am »
Lisa
Tell us how you get on
Regards,
Arthur

lisa123

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2006, 07:56:40 pm »
Hi Guys & Girls

We have had the meeting today, we even dropped the odd comment she made last week into conversation but i don't even think she noticed.
I did my speach about customers and tasks must be completed and up to standard, and she said she was going to knuckle down this week, especially as we told her that we will be watching her every move and marking her on what we have shown her.
Maybe she will think we are too strict this week, hopefully she will walk out then.
But we are giving her this week to see how she goes, any nonsense like last week and shes out. And she kows this.

I have just realised that she is partially deaf, i thought that was just her way, from the way her speech is. She didnt declare this on her health questionnaire at the application process.
It doesn't have any impact on her ability to do the job, it just cropped up. She was saying to the other Lisa that i get on her nerves cos i talk too much.........i think i'll be so harsh and strict that she will want to talk  ;D

helpinghands

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 03:31:06 pm »
the only way i feel it works with staff is to go out with them in a team of 3 or 2 never let them go on their own it never works i have been doing my company for 15 years and it work that way fine for me

dont let staff run your business

or u will have no business

best wishes

owen

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2006, 04:09:27 pm »
Hello Owen,

Out of courtesy may I ask how many people you employee.

Regards,

Arthur

lisa123

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2006, 04:21:14 pm »
well, again this week we were training our new employee, we go cleaning with her so she hasn't been on her own yet.

what do you do when chemical portion control and slowness to do the job becomes a problem? we have told, explained showed etc everything many times over, but she still doesnt realise what she is doing.

I asked her to put a drip of bleach down a stinky sink, and she covered the whole sink with  nearly a quater bottle of  thick bleach. One great big squirt and then some!
I was not impressed, she seems to have no idea. Does this infringe health and safety? and her attitude towards it? I got her to completely scrub the sink and rince thoroughly, even told her to wear a mask but wasn't having any of it.
Immature i think the word is.
Anyway we are sending her off on her own next week, only has 3 clients. We are going to 'spy' on her and get the clients to give us feedback after checking her work.

Do you think immaturity is a sackable offence? She will do the work but lacks initiative i think.

handyali

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2006, 06:11:48 pm »
hmm difficult one. the thing im concerned about is that if she is partially deaf and you sack her are you breaching any rules on employing people with disabilities ? I have yet to read up on these rules but im sure someone can tell me. sorry lisa if i have confused you even more but just a thought i had.  ???

BSF

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2006, 06:19:11 pm »
Your not breaking any laws, please read the link I posted above, you dont have to sack her, just state she's not suitable, u have 1 month from her start date for giving her no notice.

Also I cant believe your letting your staff use bleach, each to their own I suppose :o

regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

juliet jenkins

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2006, 07:59:08 pm »
Hi Lisa,

Iworked with a lovely lady, we knew how much each client was paying as we collected the payments on each clean, she used to get really cheesedoff if one of her 'favourite customers' was being charged more than her'less favourite' ones for the same amount of hours. After 4 years of complaining about it and how the bosses didn't run their business to the standard she would run hers (if she'd had one) she suddenly up & left - and took 2 days worth of customers with her plus another member of staff!

It's your business she'll be slagging off, maybe informing your customers if they are paying different rates - get rid of her, if she's this bad now - look out!

P.s she also had a problem with her rate of pay compared to how much the bosses were actually getting paid.

hope this helps!
Juliet

lisa123

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2006, 10:50:36 pm »
hi all
RE: Bleach  I dont use it in any of my cleans, but only if the client requests it.
Most don't but this one likes a drizzle down the plug hole.
I personally wouldn't use it, i have asthma and bleach is dangerous stuff.
This week is it. Shes on her own Weds and partially fri, If she fails the theory test and her attitude hasn't improved then I'll say she is unsuitable for the position.
What do i do? informal meeting, followed by formal letter and P45? I thought i had to follow disiplinary or does that only apply after 1 month service?

Art

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2006, 10:54:19 pm »
Theory test  ???

lisa123

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2006, 07:06:07 pm »
theory teat, sounds like a driving lesson doesnt it lol.  ;D

cleaning theory, includes how to clean things, what to use, chemicals etc, colour coding, Health and safety, all the induction training really.

I have to know that she will do the work and do it well, and know how.
We have literally had to show her everything. Who uses dry cloths when cleaning anything? She does! Too much chemical use, and not cleaning the toilet properly, just squirt and leave (toilet cleaner) Drives me mad.
If she lets herself down this week then i'll have to find someone else.

Ali_D

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2006, 08:49:20 am »
Hi Lisa

Within the first 12 months of employment, you don't have to give any notice at all but its got to be for a valid reason.  What we do is put everyone on a six month probationary period and in this time we can give one weeks notice, but that's the same for them as well, they only have to give us one weeks notice, but it does save a lot of hassle, i.e. if their work's not up to standard, attitude, mistakes, unacceptable sickness level, etc.

Hope this helps

Ali

BSF

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2006, 12:56:22 pm »
Hi Lisa

Within the first 12 months of employment, you don't have to give any notice at all but its got to be for a valid reason.  What we do is put everyone on a six month probationary period and in this time we can give one weeks notice, but that's the same for them as well, they only have to give us one weeks notice, but it does save a lot of hassle, i.e. if their work's not up to standard, attitude, mistakes, unacceptable sickness level, etc.

Hope this helps

Ali

Hi Ali,

You are required by law to give 1 wks notice after one month of employment, please click on this link:

http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/individual/02.htm

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

Ali_D

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2006, 06:49:42 pm »
It does say this "Either party can terminate the contract of employment without notice if the conduct of the other justifies it." 

Ali

BSF

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2006, 07:05:14 pm »
Hi Ali,

This is meaning for cases of gross misconduct, believe me stay within the law as far as employees go, if you think they are unsuitable after this 1 month period, give them a weeks notice and pay all holiday pay owed.

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

dustycorner

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2006, 07:06:18 pm »
bsf is right its 1 wweks notice after 1 months employment.

Cheers Mark.