wpclean

Advertising prices ?
« on: May 30, 2013, 05:24:40 pm »
I have seen a few pressure washing companies advertising the price of a one car drive, two car drive etc, and I thought it was a lot more appealing than price per sq metre  . . . . . obviously it is only a guide, does anyone else advertise this way ?     I am having a new website made independent from the window cleaning one, and local magazine add, and would be interested in others opinions.

Thanks.

TN Cleaning Services Ltd

Re: Advertising prices ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 05:46:30 pm »
Sounds a bit cowboy ish to me.
What do you do if theyve got a massive long driveway with 1 car parked on it?
some people would try to get one over on you straight away.

wpclean

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 06:05:53 pm »
People like to have a ball park figure about pricing I think, and it is only a guide, when people call you explain the pricing better.    Suppose it is like "  prices start from " kind of thing.

Mr B

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »
Personally I dont advertise my prices, I will visit first the customer and measure up etc.. (by the metre) and then submit my price.

I try to steer away from bargain basement customers who only shop on price. They are ALWAYS the ones who will try getting extra done for nothing.. ::)roll

Besides, why tell your competitors what u charge?!?!

wpclean

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:10:44 pm »
Just know a few who do this, and get a lot of work, it is " prices from " so is like a minimum charge.

I like to try different ways of advertising, and I have heard a lot of good things about the above, nothing ventured nothing gained  ;D

Mr B

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 03:15:19 pm »
I suppose it depends if you want to portray your company image as the 'cheap option'.

Most my customers I deal with want good quality of finish as opposed to cheapest quote possible, but then I only advertise in areas where people have the money to spend.

Horses for courses!