DASERVICES

Re: Omnipole HI-LO Hassle!
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 08:52:01 am »
I see where you are coming from Kev, was a bit confused at first but having a look at the brush with the adapter you will see it is on the long end  http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Brushes.html

If I'm correct you are saying Omnipole put it at the short end. Am I wrong or right.

If so the question should be asked to Glyn as to why they thought it better to reverse the brush or maybe , might be wrong his staff may have assembled some brushes incorrect which sometimes does happen, which he may not be aware of.

Old_Master

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 10:25:07 am »
We reverse the brush so it will clean window sills as well as the glass when fitted to our standard 12" aluminium goosekneck. The Omnipole goosneck is set at the same angle as Tuckers,  Ionics and Unger and Brodex.

It would be far simpler for us to just supply the brush as standard as Varitech do.
The truth is the standard brush is designed for cleaning vehicles with the angles set for this purpose.
Kev had always bought his brushes from Varitech so thats what he is used to nothing we say or do will change what he believes. Varitech say we supply the brushes the wrong way round but as I have pointed out varitech dont clean windows.

As I stated before we have supplied more than 5500 of the ledge and sill brushes and this is the first time any one has taken issue with the design.

Darren O

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 10:27:29 am »
I had a run in with omnipole over a trolley system i had bought of them.The reel broke after 4 days when i phoned them they werent helpfull to say the least also all the usual stufff we have sold loads of these your the only one thats ever complained then somebody posted on here with the same problems so take everything that some suppliers say with a pinch of salt also that muppet brightnclean was the first guy on sticking up for Glyn.Another thing i have nothing against Glyn or Omnipole just stating the facts.

Old_Master

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 10:40:56 am »
It is impossible to break an Omnitrolley wheel in normal use. They dont break bumping up and down curbs or steps.

Why would we replace somthing that has been broken through misuse for free.
If you crash a four day old car or motorbike the dealer doesnt give you a nerw one for free and why should they.
If you clean someones windows and four days later a bird drops one on them would your customer expect you to clean them for free!
I realy cant believe the things people write sometimes.

Darren O

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 11:10:53 am »
Glyn get your facts right it was the hose REEL that broke after 4 days and when were talking about the wheels on the trolley it was the mark3 trolley the one were the batterey and pump sit on top with no cover were the rain can get into it i also complained at the time that the picture of the trolley on your website is misleading as it dosent show the trolley with pump and battrey sitting on top uncovered.Getting back to the wheels the front castors are a complete joke and cant take the weight of the trolley.The trolley is now used as a van mount as the castors are totally knackered there was another guy on here i remember reading that he uses his trolley from the van because he had the same problems as me.Maybe he was talking crap to.

Old_Master

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 12:12:39 pm »
Did we send you a hose reel?

Darren O

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 02:28:46 pm »
NO,i got cleantech to fit a proper hose reel on it and they must of contacted you also at the time i told you the lid dosent close because it keeps on rubbing against the battery thats still the same, the battery is not secure on it,anyway i ended up buying a freedom trolley.

Old_Master

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 02:41:51 pm »
So you bought the trolley from Cleantech? and we would have paid Cleantech to supply you the new hose reel.
I am therefore unsure what your point is.

Darren O

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 02:53:49 pm »
The point is when i bought the trolley you,s couldnt be more helpfull as soon as things started to go wrong you,s didnt want to no i dont no who i spoke to on the phone but i thought he was an arrogent wee sh-t.

Kev R

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007, 04:46:46 pm »
We reverse the brush so it will clean window sills as well as the glass when fitted to our standard 12" aluminium goosekneck. The Omnipole goosneck is set at the same angle as Tuckers,  Ionics and Unger and Brodex.

It would be far simpler for us to just supply the brush as standard as Varitech do.
The truth is the standard brush is designed for cleaning vehicles with the angles set for this purpose.
Kev had always bought his brushes from Varitech so thats what he is used to nothing we say or do will change what he believes. Varitech say we supply the brushes the wrong way round but as I have pointed out varitech dont clean windows.

As I stated before we have supplied more than 5500 of the ledge and sill brushes and this is the first time any one has taken issue with the design.

Varitech don't clean windows but still the hi-lo is equally their best selling brush in the format they provide it in.

Maybe I am used to cleaning windows with their set up but remember I have been cleaning windows a long time. Your brush in your format makes window cleaning difficult because soffit washing is too easy especially with your standard 1 mm jets. 

I showed Mike from Varitech today the brushes and he laughed!!!!

The mini pole I bought from you has the same arrangement as supplied from Varitech so if their wrong why are you using their format on that pole?   
Simply you have Bodged a hi-lo to fit your standard gooseneck neck. The other suppliers you mention don't fit a Hi-Lo to that design of gooseneck as a standard simply because the angles are wrong. If you had told me this when I bought the brush I would not have bothered buying it and having this trouble. Maybe thats why you didn't tell me???? Lets face it I'm starting to understand that you'll say anything to get a sale!!!!  :( :( :(

Old_Master

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2007, 04:49:44 pm »
You didnt buy the trolley from Us.

When you had a problem you had to go back to the supplier that you had paid.

I would have thought this was obvious to anyone, how is it our problem when you didnt pay us. I cannot say what happened in the journey from London to Clentech and then on to you by the carriers perhaps the trolley got crushed.

At the the end of the day you got a new hose reel supplied by Cleantech and we paid Cleantech.

If you didnt get a replacement hose reel you would have a valid complaint.

Old_Master

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2007, 04:55:52 pm »
Kevin
Who do you think Varitech copied? Who used to supply Varitech?

Please read this as its the last thing I will post on the subject of a brush.

We and the other thousands of users across the UK and indeed the World  are obviously wrong and Mike who has never cleaned windows is right.

Kev R

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2007, 05:02:08 pm »
Please be aware that until you have the decency to phone me (apparently your out of the office but can still post on this forum) I will not be paying your Invoices.  ;)

Darren O

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2007, 05:16:48 pm »
Glyn dont want to keep this going but what do you want me to do go to cleantech 70mile round trip everytime something else goes wrong with it.The castors are totally buckled they dont even move they cant take the weight of the trolley FACT.The trolley wasnt damaged when i got it so dont blame it on that just put your hands up yous designed a stinker.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2007, 05:30:29 pm »
Just to put a bit of balance back into the thread.  Obviously I can't comment on the experiences that others have had but I've always been delighted with the service I've had from Omnipole.  It's not always been perfect but if something has gone amiss, they've always gone the extra mile for me and put things right very quickly.
I don't know if the the sill brush referred to is the same as mine but mine seems to work OK.  However, it may be a different type.  Mine is made by Vikan I think and has green and red bristles.  The one in the pic only seemed to have red bristles.
As for the trolley in question, I have seen them but never used them so can't possibly comment on that.
Aftersales is very important and I personally have not had a problem with this company.  I'm not trying to say that they're perfect but I am surprised to read the stuff I've been reading.

Kev R

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2007, 05:43:20 pm »
I recently had a few major problems with an Omnivac which have been sorted to my satisfaction by Glen. 

However I am at my wits end with the latest saga. If they returned my calls I would not have even posted here. Maybe the brush is a different design I don't know but a problem sorting phone call would be a good place to start and not from the jobs worth "works manager" "receptionist" who sounds like a broken record.....thats how we always do it .....thats how we always do it......

I am a patient man to a degree, I have been patient and fair with the Omnivac...I could have taken legal action over the faulty and dangerous rewiring job but chose not too. Now Glyn won't even return my calls  :( :(

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007, 06:09:40 pm »
I would say the first hi-lo picture is right, you need the bristles square to the top of the frame, instead of the splay pointing upwards, the angle of the actual pole in pic 2 has been placed steeper than pic 1.

To avoid  "washing the soffits" you need to stand further from the building and maybe get the wider jets fitted, i cant get on with 1mm, the first thing i do is drill them out to 2 or 3 mm.

Goosenecks are not always ideal for domestic properties due to the angle of the gooseneck being fixed.

I would say the brush is fitted the correct way, you will have lots of trouble the other way around.

Dave

Old_Master

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2007, 06:13:51 pm »
Kevin
As you pointed out I dealt with the OmniVac problem instantly in fact I drove a 400 + mile round trip to sort it out as quickly as I possible could, the person responsible for the mistake was suspended by me and then chose to leave our employ.
The brush is a different matter so far we have sent two brushes , the first one re-engineered exactly the same as we have always done (the same as Shinners) the second drilled in the way you asked.
 We also sent three different shape goosenecks.

If you dont want them simply send them back,its  nothing more difficult than that. I was totaly unaware that you had called specifically to speak to me until this evening and to be honest you shouldnt need to only speak to me about an issue regarding a brush.

Kev R

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2007, 06:59:33 pm »
Glyn,
I was impressed with your initial customer service but I would have driven 1000 mile to correct a mistake of that magnitude. However in your defense you did go the extra mile to solve a few of my commercial guttering tooling problems free of charge for which I am grateful.

I remain unhappy with the gooseneck and Hi-Lo brushes configuration. I will return all the wfp components supplied including all goosenecks all brushes all tubing, extensions, collets, etc etc.  and my omnipole will only be used  as powerpole for pressure washing and a support pole as I intended.

I am happy with the Omnivac and the powerpole pressure lance and would wholeheartedly recommend these products. I also am impressed with the camera system.

I would have liked to worked the wfp Hi-lo brush issue out as i believe the poles would last longer in the hands of staff but alas I will never find out!!!!!!

Back to the simple world of universal angle goosenecks and hi-lo brushes  ;)

Helen

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2007, 08:27:11 pm »
Glyn,
I was impressed with your initial customer service. However in your defense you did go the extra mile to solve a few of my commercial guttering tooling problems free of charge for which I am grateful.

I am happy with the Omnivac and the powerpole pressure lance and would wholeheartedly recommend these products. I also am impressed with the camera system.

Thank god for that, I thought it was get at Glyn and omnipole day ;D ;D ;D