Dave hook

the best static ro system at a decent price!
« on: September 13, 2006, 09:44:55 am »
Where can i get a static ro system from? who supplies the best? I'll be useing about 250ltrs a day max as im pretty new to wfp. Do these systems just attach to an outside tap?
Money makes my world go round!

Re: the best static ro system at a decent price!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:58:50 am »
Hi dave it really depends on space and storage for a tank.
Myself i have a Merlin ro which is a portable ro and no static tank is needed.Just connect to the mains and drain and away you go.I have good water pressure so i can produce 700 ltrs in 3 hours .

Dave hook

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 10:12:27 am »
Sorry for sounding thick but you connect your merlin to your tap then when the pure water comes out of the other end this is directed straight into your tank in your van? is this right? I cant get my head around the process. I was told id need a static tank? I live in sheffield where the water is slightly hard
Money makes my world go round!

freshwater

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 02:05:03 pm »
Dave,

You can direct the water into your van tank, but your van and its tank will have to stay connect to the RO & water supply until its full. The benefit of a static tank is that its filling while you are out in you van.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

Tim Morton

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 04:39:22 pm »
Where can i get a static ro system from? who supplies the best? I'll be useing about 250ltrs a day max as im pretty new to wfp. Do these systems just attach to an outside tap?

Don't just choose a Ro that will fill your requirements now, think of the future, if you take on more wfp work you might well need more than 250Ltrs a day. Make sure that you either get a ro that will give you 300-500ltrs a day or at least one that can be upgraded. You'd be surprised at just how much water you can get through, especially if you turn the flow rate up at the brush!!

Also keep in mind that the output of any unpumped ro system will vary depending on your mains tap water pressure, if you have pressure like I have, eg 35psi, you wont get as much pure water produced as the description on your ro says it'll produce.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 07:27:40 pm »
Don't just choose a Ro that will fill your requirements now, think of the future, if you take on more wfp work you might well need more than 250Ltrs a day. Make sure that you either get a ro that will give you 300-500ltrs a day or at least one that can be upgraded. You'd be surprised at just how much water you can get through, especially if you turn the flow rate up at the brush!!

Also keep in mind that the output of any unpumped ro system will vary depending on your mains tap water pressure, if you have pressure like I have, eg 35psi, you wont get as much pure water produced as the description on your ro says it'll produce.

A merlin will produce as much water as you need without the need for a static tank even if you upgrade and get a 1000ltr tank in your vehicle and even if your tap pressure is not much you can get a booster pump and still produce enough watre.

As for the turning pressure up on your poles get microbore hose and change your fittings on your poles in now get through 350 ltrs a day instead of 700 and still manage to get a good block of 70 flats out of 35o ltrs.

Ok so you can produce water with a static ro while your working but a merlin £250 pounds wont need to change any parts for 12-24 months and the parts are not expensive in relation to what you can actually earn.

Some will say that a merlin produces alot of waste water ok it probablly does more than other ro's but same again to what you can earn is alot more than the waste and you can put your water bills through your accounts.

As to your question yes you can fit a merlin to an inside or outside tap hose into the drain and away you go.

you will however need resin to polish the water down to 000 but again if you use microbore hose and samller outlets on your poles then your resin costs will be minimal.

freshwater

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 11:56:30 pm »
Easy,

You will need to chage your pre-filters a lot earlier than 12 months on a Merlin, check the user instructions. Also please let us know where you can get a booster pump for Merlin please.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 08:14:53 pm »
sorry freshwater i didnt explain properly.

your pre filter will need changing at about 6 monthly intervalls @ about £2o and your membranes about every 3 years @ £80-90 each x 2

The reason i said 12 months is because i have switched to microbore and smaller jets on my poles i no longer use anywhere near the amount of water i used to so i dont need to chamge the pats as often.

As for pumps im not sure willimasons or ro man or even search a thread on here i dont need one as my water pressure is very good.