Kopuk

Winter and wfp?
« on: September 10, 2006, 10:42:00 pm »
Hi all has any one has any idea how to use wfp when cold weather arrives? ::)

brett walker

Re: Winter and wfp?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 11:01:00 pm »
The biggest problem i had last year on really freezing cold days was the brush head and jets freezing up, i either ended up going home or starting a bit later in the day.

All ideas will be welcome from me also

regards

Brett

welmac

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:18:40 pm »
if its that cold that the water is freezing i go home. 2 reasons for this: 1) its dangerous if someone slips on your frozen water, and 2) I DONT LIKE BEING COLD!!!

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 11:33:47 pm »
What, do you think of this 12v car heated washer system, i think this would be a good idea for winter to unfreeze the hose and spray nozzles, should be hot enough to keep everthing clear,
just an idea,

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YWk9K5nd8Bf/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=274450&I=646HOTSHOThttp://www.crutchfield.com/S-YWk9K5nd8Bf/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=274450&I=646HOTSHOT

Kopuk

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 11:38:37 pm »
How about this??

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 11:47:02 pm »
kopuk, its a good idea  but it takes to long to heat the water up, the hotshot has a long winding chamber inside the unit, so when the water is pumped through it, it gets  very hot when it comes out,   its instant heated water without waiting for it to boil, a bit expensive,but could be worth while tool to have,

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 12:01:57 am »
or how about this idea, buy a pair of heated Windshield Washer Spray Nozzles, add thes to the brush heads, turn them on a few mins before starting work, and they would be clear to let the water flow, you can use a small battery connected to the base to turn it on, or just have a connection for pre heating, if you go to a car scrap yard you could get these for a few pounds,
mostly fited on bmw cars,

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Volkswagen&engine=TDI&model=Jetta%20IV&submodel=&category=Exterior

Kopuk

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 12:09:20 am »
Another idea be to cover up the water tank and connect one of the car ventilations by a long pipe so hot air circulates around  the tank to keep the water warm.

jouk45

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 12:18:02 am »
yes thats a good idea, but you would need to run the vehicle to keep it warm, and most of us dont travel that far away from home, to let it get hot enough,

Davie T

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 08:58:21 am »
I have found that the pipes etc. are more prone to freezing up.  It's difficult to prevent hoses from freezing and as stated previously you can get the system working and the jets freeze up.

craig jwc

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 02:09:55 pm »
I have a fan heater to put in the van this winter to try and stop it freezing.

I also have a timer switch connected to the extension so the heater isn't on all night, but comes on early in the morning to warm it up.

I always carry salt in the van to put down on pathways - only costs about 30p from sainsbury for ondinary salt and it works just as good as road salt.

Craig

TERRY AB

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 02:25:45 pm »
Its imperative to keep the Van heated overnight, If the Hoses freeze Up it will take ages to get them free again, driving with heater on wont work unless you drive for a good 45 mins. Use a small heater with a timer this way the Van will be well heated up by morning.
Make sure when you work that the water in the Hoses continually moves otherwise it will freeze again, soon as Jobs done Hoses and Poles back in Van.
Bosch make a great automatic Heating system which can be adapted, but its  expensive.
In winter try to start when the sun comes out, as that way the windows wont be so cold; they heat up pretty quick, and plenty of warning signgs.

telboy

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 02:49:25 pm »
Once the heated water gets up the pole to the glass its going to freeze
end of story

Telboy ;)

Angel C/S

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 04:11:16 pm »
Duh!

Use a squeegee and give your customers a proper job. ;D

gaza

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 05:23:09 pm »
BRETT :ive solved your problem of water freezing piloma heaters.
jouck beat you to it ;D ;D ;D

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

gaza

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 05:24:25 pm »

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

jouk45

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 06:00:58 pm »
Ah well, you cant win them all  ;D ;D

brett walker

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 07:15:04 pm »

gaza

no thanks  :-X :-X :-X :-X

brett