james cairns

what setting on varistream
« on: September 08, 2006, 10:21:36 pm »
guys was wondering what setting you use on your varistream I have mines set at about 3 o clock the max setting before booster is this ok or can I reduce the flow, or do you recon more

I use 8mm minibore and the flow rate of water is really high, great for rinsing but thought maybe using too much when I dont need to

any advice thanks

jinky

H h20

Re: what setting on varistream
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 10:35:53 pm »
Your setting seems too high,iv`e got mine on about a third and it`s plenty,i sometimes turn it up to halfway if i do a new clean and it pumps out loads,have you set the blue dial inside ? Gaz  ;)

david68

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 10:02:48 am »
Can u tell me what the blue dial is inside?

When i find it what is it for and what should it be set on.

My varistream is attached to my Freedom Trolley

I normal have it set on half way but don't seem to pump out with much pressure.

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 12:06:54 pm »
If you switch from Minibore to Microbore, you would find that this would automatically give you a more suiatble flow rate.

Alex

abacus

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 09:46:33 pm »
Hi jinky

I have mine set on mid way gives loads of water I have 1000lts so water not a problem and even with my son helping on the second pump still usualy plenty.

the that works for me has his on middle uses between 350-500lts a day domestics

it does depend on you system a little but you seem to have it up high at that rate you would only have to show the brush to window for it to be clean

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

Extremeclean

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 09:56:12 pm »
The blue dial inside the Varistream can be used to calibrate it to whatever pressure or flow rate you need.

All you do is open the front and move the pointer up one letter at a a time until you have it set for your set up. I was told not to move it more than one letter at a time because you could set it too high and your pump might blow all your connectors.  Our normal setting is now around 10 or 11 o-clock with plenty left over if we want to really up the flow rate by using the dial on the front.