JM123

Water Transfer
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:53:40 pm »
Just wondering how many of you use sub pumps from your IBC/water butts to delivery unit?  What type/size and length of hose do you use and do you have a nozzle on the end etc? 

We have 3 IBC tanks set up with a balance pipe between the tanks (so the tanks all fill and empty at the same rate) with 30m 1inch hose and sealey fuel nozzle on the end pumped via the 2 sub pumps.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

neil100

Re: Water Transfer
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 09:22:36 pm »
I have a 1000ltr tank with a sub pump and 20mtrs of 1" hose with a leaver valve fitted.

The only problem I had, was with the Jubille clip that fits on the hose that connects to the sub pump that lives in the water tank. The jubille clips just kept rusting within a couple of months. I eventually managed to source some stainless steel jubille clips that are ok.

Nel.

macc

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 10:05:40 pm »
I have 650ltr tank, sub pump on 30mtrs 1.5 transfer hose.

Macc

welmac

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 01:00:50 pm »
sub pump with 20mtrs of 1.25inch delivery hose.

pylofm

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 01:21:27 pm »
JM123 would it be possible for you to take a picy of your setup and post it here...would like to see it.

Many Thanks
Dave.

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 02:35:38 pm »
I have a clarke sub pump in my 450 ltr storage tank with 1" transfer hose which is about 40ft.
Empties the tank in a few minutes.

Paul

pylofm

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 03:50:50 pm »
Another silly question, am thinking of getting an IBC, could anyone tell me the diameter of the top hole....Just as I would like to use my existing sub-pump.

Cheers
Dave.

JM123

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 12:53:45 am »
go for an 8inch lid IBC, the smaller 5.5inch won't be big enough - had to cut the lid of one of our tanks.

I'll take some pics tommorow if you want.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Tim Morton

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 09:22:18 am »
I have 2 210L water butts linked by 22mm plastic pipe, a sub pump feeding 25m of 1 inch tricoflex, and I dont use a jubilee clip on the sub pump, the hose is just a push fit and hasn't come off yet, but saying that I dont have a shut off valve on the other end so there's never much pressure put on the joint.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

master cleaner

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 03:10:28 pm »
if you use an ibc tank all you do to fit the sub pump in is cut in a straight line across the top of the tank ( i used a jigsaw ) pull apart then put the sub pump in and screw the lid back on this will pull the top back together then use silicon to seal the cut , you should never have to remove the pump unless broken then its just a case of breaking the seal of silicon and after silicon back up.

it is a really simple job with no complications

gary

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 08:16:11 pm »
Another tip:

I mounted my IBC on a plinth, so it is higher than my van tank when the van is parked outside.

I've mounted a keyswitch in the shed wall, so I don't even have to open the shed to fill the tank.  All I need do is put the delivery hose in the van tank, give the keyswitch a quick turn and then switch it off.  The tank fills by syphonic action, so no wear on the pump - it should last for years

Cheers,

Ian