mgba_78

Couldn't get going today
« on: September 07, 2006, 05:53:31 pm »
Only had a few to do today but just couldn't get my donkey boy in gear to get them done.
First 6 were all next to each other and should have taken me 20 mins per house so 2 hours for the lot, where infact the first one took me 40mins :o :o
2nd one a bit quicker 30 mins 3rd one well by this time i had been chatting and was handed a nice cuppa tea there was no going back, i now wanted to go home and put me feet up.

Although picked another new one up today but managed to do this in 40 mins 1st clean and 18 windows??? twice the size of first 6 that i did???

Who knows what i was on today

Probably the first time i have had it this bad and dunno why?
Self motivation used to be one of my strengths when i had a "job" but its all gone wrong now.

Anyone else have it today??

Andy
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Ladders

Re: Couldn't get going today
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 06:02:02 pm »
No the sun was out,birds were singing,radio on in my headphones, just cracked on with the work  :)

I love days like today.

Jeff
For every problem there is a solution

JM123

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 07:03:03 pm »
I've been off this week with stretched ligaments in the ankle - I'm itching to get back out there whereas last week I couldn't motivate myself either - try spraining your ankle or something and havig to lie in the house for a week - that'll get you raring to go again!
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 07:19:14 pm »
Yep I had one like that too started at 10.30 had half hour lunch stopped at 2.30 like you quoted a new job picked my son up from school and went straight home for a kip was knackered, late nights on here doesnt help  ;)
Sussex by the sea

julianbiggs

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 08:49:27 pm »
We all have days like that Mr D. Sometimes I look at my work diary and think, " Oh god not today" and other times I think " i'm gonna rip it round today and get home asap.

It beats bosses and conference calls ( and Jo Adcock!!)

mgba_78

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 08:55:17 pm »
I've been off this week with stretched ligaments in the ankle - I'm itching to get back out there whereas last week I couldn't motivate myself either - try spraining your ankle or something and havig to lie in the house for a week - that'll get you raring to go again!

Cheers, i'm gonna print this page and read it to give me the motivation when im down, just what i needed ;)

Hope your fully healed, better take it easy to start you dont want another week off.

Andy
Oooooo that is shiny!!

JM123

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 09:48:12 pm »
cheers mate - I'll be fine, its to be expected anyway, I snowboard (indoor - Glasgow) every month and play football 3 nights a week so something was bound to happen sooner or later.  Ta for the sentiments
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Archy136

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 10:41:46 pm »
Funny enough I was in Watford today and couldn't get started. Eventually got going at about 1 30pm after megabrunch at Asdas. Worked until 7 though but it was tough going even though it was a beautiful day.

It just goes like that sometimes.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 10:45:55 pm »
Watford seems to be the key to all this malaise and lethargy - perhaps it's because it sits directly on a ley line between Glastonbury and Norwich. ;D
It's a game of three halves!

mgba_78

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 09:24:10 pm »
I no longer live in Watford now, the great town it is!!! Thats was probably the problem, i was working in Luton :-X

Well today wow new lease of life, 1 job today £150 to do it, last time i did it took me 6 hours 1st clean.
Got there at 6am to start as have to put ladder in the road to do top level of offices so no traffic about. and was home by 9:30am GET RIGHT IN!!!!!!!
Didnt cut any corners either just thought get it done go home, job done!

Just wish i had a few more of these ;D

I love window cleaning again

I am back!!!!!!

Andy
Oooooo that is shiny!!