Moderator David@stives

faulty connectors
« on: September 06, 2006, 07:29:09 pm »
Are the new type of microbore connectors up to the job.

This is my twelth one now and this has failed to, I am getting fed up now of sub- standard wfp gear. these connectors are primarily designed for air not water.

Water should not come out when it is disconnected.

It is alright saying protect the end with a tennis ball etc, but this is not always practical.  you would not here Bosch etc tell you to do a bodge with there tools would you.

Your very annoyed

Dave

welmac

Re: faulty connectors
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 07:32:57 pm »
i was going to change over to these connectors myself. but after speaking to ones who do use them and hearing of their problems im going to stick to the good old hoselocks. (i do use a small bore hose too with these)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 07:36:19 pm »
I may switch back to hoselock , the trouble is i have 4 poles which now take this fitting.

I like the connector in theory as i have a very short pole hose and the connector slides up the centre of the pole when i extend it so it is always protected in use.

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 07:38:44 pm »
Dave

Have you tried the pro hose fittings from gardiner.
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk

I have been using the same ones now for 5 or 6 months and have not had one fail yet.

Paul

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 07:41:39 pm »
Paul

I was thinking of using them, but i heard gardiners were switching to the same ones as me and were hailing them to be better than the pro hose fittings, so i thought they were worse than mine.

i will look into it

Dave

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 07:45:36 pm »
I know at the moment they have both types.

And the good thing about these is you can use two differant size hose reels standard hose and microbore and the hose tail from the pole will fit both the microbore and standard fitting.

Paul

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 08:05:35 pm »
Hi Dave@St.Ives,

We always use the type of connectors you use with Protecta-Balls on the Pole hose end, this protects the end-stop from abusive wear (which unfortunately is what we window cleaners give our connectors).

It looks like you have got some grit in your connector which has jammed it open.

Some of our clients still prefer the Pro types as pictured above, they virtually never jam open and are pretty tough but we prefer the ease of use that your type give.

Alex

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 08:18:06 pm »
Alex

I will phone you tommorrow for both types one with a ball and a pro type.
I have 2 set ups so i can compare them side by side
I assume they both take the same male end.

I find my type an ordeal sometimes trying to connect it to the mail end when the hose
is fully pressurised, some one with a lesser grip would really struggle to connect them.
I have hurt my fingers constantly trying to connect them.

Do you fit the ball on the male or female side

Dave

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 04:25:56 pm »
We fit the ball on the Male/Pole end, but a lot of wear does happen when reeling the hose back in so you could always fit one on both sides. I am surprised that you are having such problems as we find them almost completely faultless, unless the ones you have are actually different to our ones but just look similar.

Alex

Ladders

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 05:56:56 pm »
Dave i use the same ones as Paul griffin from gardiners,used them for 10 months and had no probs with them up to now.

Jeff
For every problem there is a solution

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 07:39:16 pm »
Alex

I purchased mine from windowcleaningwarehouse and omnipole, they are fantastic when new, but soon start plating up.

I will try diferent suppliers but on the surface they look exactly the same.

Does the pro fitting and the new type take the same male end

Dave

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 07:48:14 am »
Hi Dave,

No They do not take the same Male ends. Unfortunately!

Alex