A Day in the Life of Tosh (Steve K Style)...
« on: September 06, 2006, 03:20:52 pm »
I'm finally on top of my work – having taken on a part time operative (above board too (ish)) – and now have time to focus on other areas; such as getting my web-site built.

So, today I took a camera to work to get some snaps for my website; but they're not that good; so now I'm considering paying someone for a few hours of their time to take some staged photos of how us working (I know a photography student who'd do it).

Anyway, 'Steve K' style, here's a few photos of a day in the life of Tosh.

This was my first account – an inside and outside job:

It's my biggest residential account; although I've recently taken on a few of similar stature.

Attached to this account is this conservatory, of which I clean the roof each month.

I put a post up last month whinging how my WFP goose-neck broke and how I had to hand-bash the lot!!!  It takes about 5 minutes with a WFP; 'no poo'; but hard work with micro-fibre and a spray.

Unfortunately, I also have to clean the roof of this conservatory too; every month, but there's a flat roof area I can access which makes the job simple:

Here's a better pic of the conservatory roof:

I used to clean it from the front; leaning my ladders against the guttering; but it bent the 'grommits' that supported the gutters, so I changed position and now clean it from the rear; it's much easier to do from that position too.

That's the thing about using a WFP; there's always a difficult way and an easy way.  Being a Geordie, I tend to go for the difficult way first.

Anyway, I cleaned the outside while Wor Lass cleaned the inside, but we staged a few photos first, for my pending web-site; for illustration purposes only (as Andrew McCann would say); as there's no way she could clean these windows with a pole:

For Illustration purposes only:

Again, for illustration purposes only:

This is what she actually did; the insides; and then seriously slowed down as she neared the conservatory; so I had to the inside of  it all myself.  She's not daft!

(Wor Lass 'polishes up better' in real life; she says she looks like a bloke in one of the above photos, and I'm now considering only using photos of her on my website taken from behind, wearing tight shorts and crop tops… but it's talking her into posing for the photos I want that'll be the problem here.

Anyway, this account, for an inside and outside clean is £96 and we do it in 90 minutes; so by my standards; it's a class account.

We then moved on…

Re: A Day in the Life of Tosh (Steve K Style)...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 03:46:07 pm »
It took about a fifteen minute drive to reach our next accounts which is a small area consisting of six council bungalows for the elderly, (one of them being an ex-Para; whose still daft as a brush) and four houses, (three terraced and one detached).

Wor Lass set off to work on the bungalows, while I left her to do the houses.

These are the bungalows Wor Lass did:

These are the houses I did:

Mine are the first three in the row; just count the first six first floor windows and they're the ones I did.

They were full of spiders too; I even had one on my face at one point, which really upset me.

I also did this house that is just across the road from the above picture:

It's the one set back from the road.

I only WFP the first floor windows and trad the ground floor stuff; but the WFP is great for this type of account:

The above windows take about a minute to clean; really really easy.

After we'd finished at 1.30 PM, we did a little bit of shopping; headed home; and Wor Lass is now 'pounding the pavements' in anticipation of her impending Snowdon Marathon.

It's a great life; especially in September; when the weather is great for working outdoors!

PS.  This is a good day for us; we normally work in more down-market areas; but some of them pay better than what we've cleaned today.

PPS.  I hope I've not been too boring.

pylofm

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 03:53:44 pm »
Keep it coming very intresting knowing what others are doing with their days.

Dave.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 04:42:17 pm »
Keep it coming very intresting knowing what others are doing with their days.

Dave.

Cheers, Dave,

Feedback on a post that took a bit of effort to provide , is good.

Thanks.

I used to find Steve K's 'a day in the life of' posts interesting.

I'd like to see some others, particularly members here who've got difficult accounts and how they tackle them; with photos.

Pj

Re: A Day in the Life of Tosh (Steve K Style)... New
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 04:44:51 pm »
Well done Tosh.  Good of you to let us "inspect".
Fair price, by my estimate ;)  (fair for client and you).
They must be pleased with the conservatory, you've got it gleaming top to bottom!

Ionics brush looking a bit chomped like mine.

I might do something similar, when I get back from my 'summer' break....if I can be bothered. :P

Pj

ps.  Tell the lady she looks good ;)