david68

What Pole For Bottoms
« on: September 06, 2006, 12:57:18 am »
Hi
I have a 30ft pole but finding it clumsy doing the bottom windows.

What should i buy to do bottom.

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

Alex Gardiner

Re: What Pole For Bottoms
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 07:47:18 am »
You must be wearing yourself out just using a 30ft pole! I only pull out my longer poles when they are absolutely needed.

You can get a Mono-Pole that is just for downstairs, but in your case I would get a pole that would do most of your work without the need for the 30ft pole.

I personally use and reccomend a 15ft Customised Universal pole they are great. Because of the 5ft base sections it is easy to use on downstairs but will reach nearly all 2nd storey work.

Alex

pylofm

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 04:25:46 pm »
I have got myself a 4ft pole and this seems to do the trick for bottoms.

Cheers
Dave.

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 04:38:49 pm »
Most places who sell WFP's sell small 2ft extendibles and these are ideal for downstairs.

Paul

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 04:41:12 pm »
Hi
I have a 30ft pole but finding it clumsy doing the bottom windows.

What should i buy to do bottom.

Dave

I have a 2 x 2ft Ionics pole and a 2 x 3ft Omnipole.  Both have their uses but I prefer the omnipole.

cybersye

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 06:33:47 pm »
try making your own
even easier if you've a few spares
you can get an extendable decorators pole for a few quid, and i used a pretty good brush from a broom in asda that cost me £3  ;)
simon

spotless2000

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 07:13:03 pm »
We use a 2 x 3ft custom from Gardiners (I'm a vertically challenged! = 29" Pins) ;D

welmac

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 07:25:46 pm »
you can use a car wash brush (they do also state they can be used for windows) that you get from most car shops.
it will prob need a simple but easy mod doing to it. from the centre where the water sprays out, remove 4/5 of the bristles that are fixed in. this is done by pulling them with some pliers, the whole clump will come out in one piece.
when you have done this, make an enlarged hole in the middle of the slit where the water comes out, about 1/4inch size. then get some small pipe, i have used the really small pipe from an old RO unit, about 1/4 inch wide and feed it into the hole and keep pushing untill it goes a couple of inch into the shaft of the pole itself.
the first couple you do take a bit of time, but when you know what you are doing you can do it in 5 mins literally.

i have just got a brush brand new from a car boot for a fiver  :o, this is alot cheaper than getting a glass fibre pole from elsewhere. if you are careful with them you easily get a year from them.

ok not the most proffessional looking pole but it works great and it saves you a few quid, which is what you want!!!  ;D

david68

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 07:41:27 pm »
Most places who sell WFP's sell small 2ft extendibles and these are ideal for downstairs.

Paul

Paul where the best place to buy them extension pole?

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

matt

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 08:47:05 pm »
B&Q now do some nice decoraters pole, they are yellow and look about 1M long and extand to double that

only 12 quid aswell

cybersye

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 10:13:36 pm »
B&Q now do some nice decoraters pole, they are yellow and look about 1M long and extand to double that

only 12 quid aswell
Is that the harris one with the red push button to adjust it Matt?
can recommend it, i even managed to adapt it and run the hose up inside, fit an angle joint and add your chosen brush, jobs a good'n, ;) and works as good as any other
Simon

matt

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 10:22:10 pm »

only 12 quid aswell
Is that the harris one with the red push button to adjust it Matt?
can recommend it, i even managed to adapt it and run the hose up inside, fit an angle joint and add your chosen brush, jobs a good'n, ;) and works as good as any other
Simon

i think it might have been "harris" yes

it looked sturdy

david68

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 11:06:55 pm »
Thanks all i will look at making my own, But i think i will by a proper brush head .

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com