vincent

i am thinking of taking up powerwashing driveways is there more profit in it than cleaning windows

james cairns

Re: powerwashing driveways is there more money in it than cleaning windows
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 08:26:12 pm »
average druveway £160 includes sanding

ducky

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 08:37:30 pm »
once u set a round up uv got it till u sell it or lose it.with driveway cleaning u have to get the work all the time. ;)its not ther every month.
if it cleans we will clean it

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 09:14:44 pm »
Its the hardest work I ever done, that and power washing caravans.

TVCS

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 09:17:08 pm »

I started as a pressure washing company doing drives, patios etc.  I got into windowcleaning to try and pay the bills.  I now have a good round going which is lucky as drive cleaning  is harder to get into than you might think.  Why not offer it as a service to your existing window customers and see how they respond.  
I went about it the wrong way and have spent alot on advertising.
I wouldnt say its the hardest work ever but you will break more of a sweat than cleaning windows.
 Plus to set up as a window cleaner all you need is a ladder, sqeegie, t-bar and scrimms.  To get going with pressure washing you have to spent a little bit more on  a decent machine, rotary surface cleaner ideally to speed up the whole operation and fuel etc.  Having said that, you can make good money at it but dont just stick to drives, offer other p/w related services such as graffitti removal ,fleet cleaning,  etc.
Good luck if you go for it
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

geefree

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 10:26:29 pm »
Hi thats what i set up early this year, as a weekend job, was great to begin with,  i got plenty of saturday jobs out of it, and yes an extra 200 pound on top of my wages was great..... then i walked away from sales, but thought oh well i  will really go to town..
on the pressure washing side...

i have two industrial petrol machines, all the turbo lances etc,.... then it dried up,

you need contracts with places like nursing homes , tennis courts, burger king,  grafitti removal, with the council and places like that to really keep going,... you can also buy attachments for drain unblocking....

i decided to try and build a window cleaning round and if i see an overgrown driveway, i drop a pressure washing leaflet also.

its paid for both machines and a van, but just doing driveways is not enough, as its only in spring early summer that its steady.

gary

geefree

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 10:30:08 pm »
Vincent,

Are you not enjoying windows, its not often a w/c complains about wages on here,

quite the opposite, in fact,

im interested to hear your reply vin.

vincent

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 06:13:22 pm »
i am not actually doing windows i am tryiing find out which is the best way to go

TVCS

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 10:04:40 pm »
I think gazza and I realised the same thing.  You are busy late spring time and early summer but thats when patios and drives seem to end.  I have a few fleet cleans which keep the pennies rolling in but the windows are a good regular income.
If I had known then what I know now I would have spent my money on a window cleaning  set up and not the pressure washing gear. I would have got a wfp system in a nice van instead of the rust bucket i have now.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

geefree

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 10:15:40 pm »
me too, but will keep popping the leaflets out, and its nice to get a £160-200 job now and then... roll on spring... lol