Jason Atwell

BWCA
« on: September 02, 2006, 09:25:34 pm »
Hi guys, does anyone have any experiance of the courses the British window cleaning academy run, considering going on the one day course for new starters?
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

Jason Atwell

Re: BWCA
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:59:00 pm »
Im a newbie, was thinking of the trad course not the wfp
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

matt

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 09:27:57 am »
save your money, phone up ionics and ask for a free demonstration of there product, it is the same thing!

not quite, you dont get a certificate to hang on your wall  :P

and thats what you need to be a "proper" window cleaner, or so some would have you belive  ::)

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 10:54:37 am »
If you are new to window cleaning and have no one to show you how to use a squeegee properly, it may pay you to go on the course, if it speeds you up then it will pay for it self in no time!  ;)

NBwcs

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 12:01:19 am »
I can understand why people are sceptical of the course, but I can honestly say, I found it very useful, and there were others on the course(trad) who have been wc's for 10yrs plus who learnt things they didnt know.Sounds ridiculous, but one of the most important things I learnt was that I had been holding the Squeegie wrongly(as had others) and if I'd continued ,would probably suffer with joint problems in later life.I quickly adapted and my speed and flexibility increased no end.At the end of the day, if someone shows you the ropes locally then great, but you may just be inheriting their bad habits.

M4RK

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 09:13:07 pm »
How DO you hold the squeegy then?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 09:49:25 pm »
gently in the centre of your palm