fenscouse

ro system
« on: September 02, 2006, 02:03:55 pm »
hi

ive got my ro sstem all set up and working.  Its 100 gallon per day (300 ltr output) RO/DI unit and the waste water is coming out at a normal speed but the pure water just drips out?? is this right?? ??? ??? it took over 2 hours to fill not even a quarter of a 200 litre barrel. its comin out at 000ppm tho so at least thats ok. How long does it usually take to fill up a 200 litre barrel?

thanks for ur help  ;D

Clear Vision

Re: ro system
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 02:22:23 pm »
Hi there,

I had problems with my ro system! It took about 3 day's to fill up my 1000l tank.

Read this post that I started and you will find It very helpful.

Just click on this http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=23985.0

Matthew
Clear Vision

fenscouse

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 02:38:22 pm »
cheers clearvision 4 that, it explains a lot of things.  ;)so is ur ro system still producing water at the same rate, ie waste is still coming out and fillin a cup in 30 secs and pure takes 2 mins or so??

I reckon mine is about that but it just seems to take ages to fill. so 200  litres will take approx 10 hrs to fill??? ??? Is there any way i can get less waste and more pure water?

thanks 4 ur help

JM123

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 02:50:39 pm »
if you are getting 15ltr/hr then you are at full capacity so you would be better off getting 2 more membranes for the ro.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

fenscouse

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 02:57:22 pm »
 the membranes are the tubes that sit horizontal at the top of the system arnet they? i hav got 1 at the moment so if i get another 1 how much quicker will it be? and how much quicker with another 2? also are they easy to just add on the system? how do they fit on?

Cheers Jm123 :D

JM123

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 03:25:11 pm »
the membranes are the white tubes on top - where the inlet  from the sed + carbon filter goes into the membrane all you need to do is a three way connection on or else a t-piece and one side of it into another t-piece and feed the 3 inlets into your 2 new membranes and the existing one, the outlets and waste pipes are connected up in the same way so your inlet becomes 3, your 3 waste become 1 and your 3 outlets become 1.

As long as your pressure is good (60psi or above) you should approx triple your output.

I'll try and get my scanner working and e-mail you a diagram.

Ballymena N.I

paul mather

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 04:11:43 pm »
As long as your pressure is good (60psi or above) you should approx triple your output.

That is the first thing I would look at. If you have a pressure gauge , check it, ideally it should be at least 60-70 psi.

My pressure at home is a pathetic 35 psi which means despite having a 200 gpd RO-MAN system (with 2 membranes) I can only produce 400litres in 24 hours.

I could be wrong but I if you do have a RO-MAN system I don't think there is anyway to increase your waste to water ratio.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Helen

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 08:35:26 pm »
I could be wrong but I if you do have a RO-MAN system I don't think there is anyway to increase your waste to water ratio.

Oh there is, but you'd be best e-mailing RO Man about how to.
I could explain it but wouldn't want to be responsible for any future problems to the system.

Chris A

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 08:42:14 pm »
Paul, could you please explain why you are such an expert on this subject? Didn't you post a pic on here and ask the question, how do I stop my tank from collapsing after removing the suporting chassis?

JM123

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 04:17:09 pm »
Paul, could you please explain why you are such an expert on this subject? Didn't you post a pic on here and ask the question, how do I stop my tank from collapsing after removing the suporting chassis?

;D oh sorry paul had to laugh at that one!!  I do have to agree with Paul though, heis right in saying you should check your pressure first, especially as it is the most fundamentally important outside factor in reverse osmosis.  You can reduce the waste ratio by restricting the waste output but I wouldn't recommend playing about with it.

Ballymena N.I