Mike Burd

deeege

Re: Self employed to pay for Covid.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 11:20:29 am »
Misleading headline much 😂😂

We’ve currently got some of the lowest corporation tax levels anywhere in Europe. I’d expect a rise from the current 19%.

Headline could then read ‘Profitable business’ to pay for Covid’. Doesn’t quite have the same shock factor though does it.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Mike Burd

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 12:19:44 pm »
Misleading headline much 😂😂

We’ve currently got some of the lowest corporation tax levels anywhere in Europe. I’d expect a rise from the current 19%.

Headline could then read ‘Profitable business’ to pay for Covid’. Doesn’t quite have the same shock factor though does it.
That’s mad. I’m absolutely certain when I read it earlier there was a sentence on putting up self employed NI. Plus it was being discussed on Tom Swarbrick’s show earlier.

Regarding corporation tax though. Don’t forget that you also pay personal tax on the dividends from your profits so if corporation tax is raised on small businesses it will be a double whammy on the one group that weren’t helped at all through Covid. Small business directors got not a bean.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 12:35:21 pm »
there's going to be loads of horror stories over the next few weeks - any and every option will be blown right out of proportion

long and short of it is - the debt will have to be paid - and that usually comes down to the working man

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dd

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 03:39:56 pm »
there's going to be loads of horror stories over the next few weeks - any and every option will be blown right out of proportion

long and short of it is - the debt will have to be paid - and that usually comes down to the working man

Darran
Yes. The super rich are very clever at avoiding tax.

I caimed the first seis grant (not subsequent ones), largely because I thought I will end up paying it back over the next few years through the tax system anyway. Luckily business not too badly affected so far.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 03:54:07 pm »
Yep the government will be banging their heads together to work out the best way to claw back the money. I can see  self employed NI increasing to 12%, tax thresholds being lowered and/or basic rate tax increased to 21 or 22%, higher rate to 41 or 42%, personal allowance could be frozen for a few years.....and that’s just for starters😣

NWH

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 04:09:53 pm »
I couldn’t give a 🐒 all I know is I’m getting to share a bed with KS in picturesque Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 in a nice comfy 🛌 when all this is over 👌

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 04:39:17 pm »
I couldn’t give a 🐒 all I know is I’m getting to share a bed with KS in picturesque Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 in a nice comfy 🛌 when all this is over 👌
You need to stop this Nigel, it’s beginning to worry me👬🛌🤮

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 06:15:35 pm »
personally i think theyll put VAT up to 22.5 % over the next year or so (so we will all pay).......as well as extra stealth taxes like insurance premium tax,airline tax,etc.......
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 06:38:00 pm »
You need to stop this Nigel, it’s beginning to worry me👬🛌🤮

The guys got issues.

Slacky

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 06:39:12 pm »
personally i think theyll put VAT up to 22.5 % over the next year or so

They’re meant to be helping the high street. This’ll have the opposite effect.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 06:50:03 pm »
I can’t see that happening anytime soon certainly not this coming week,if he was to do anything like that he’d sneak it in without anyone looking lol.
I’ve had a word with Rhishi he said don’t worry we will make all the Northerners pay for this coronavirus pies-whiskey-oat cakes are all going up 🤣🤣🤣

swanson

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 07:38:29 pm »
What will be will be
We all new it was coming.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 07:45:53 pm »
Online  only businesses with no premises  will definitely be for it he will go easy on the high street if he doesn’t we won’t have one.

CleanClear

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2021, 08:48:21 am »
I for one am happy to pay extra taxes for the groundbreaking Test and Trace system we run costing 22 billion. Imagine where we would of been without it ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Ggh

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2021, 10:54:57 am »
They’ll hold the threshold on income tax. Not a bad solution.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

NWH

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2021, 11:56:31 am »
I for one am happy to pay extra taxes for the groundbreaking Test and Trace system we run costing 22 billion. Imagine where we would of been without it ?

Lol yeah but they had to try and do something you sound like Kier Stammer.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2021, 05:09:32 pm »
They’ll hold the threshold on income tax. Not a bad solution.
I don’t think that alone will quite cut it.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2021, 05:18:35 pm »
Lol no it won’t every single thing will go up but obviously not all at once,think of anything it’ll go up at some point an increase in Tax and Nat ins together wouldn’t even take the skin off the top.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2021, 05:20:03 pm »
If you smoke and drink you’ll need to remortgage soon 🤣🤣

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2021, 06:20:42 pm »
If you smoke and drink you’ll need to remortgage soon 🤣🤣
I'm going to put all my prices up to cover it 👌😎🤣

NWH

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2021, 06:34:49 pm »
People that like a few luxuries will feel it they’ll think nothing of putting the usual up you wait lol,conservatives like to keep taxes low they’ll grab it from elsewhere.