AuRavelling79

Re: What Reel Hose to get?
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 06:08:17 pm »
No leaks on my claber. (Hoselock type connector sometimes leaks after several months and I just replace or try a new "O" ring first.)

I sit mine in a wooden tray with about 1" sides and a little piece of metal held lightly in place by a woodscrew that swivels over the base tube to hold it down. I can pull it to one side if I need to lift the reel out and shut the doors on the tank-reel  hose for security or angle.
It's a game of three halves!

DeLuce

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 10:56:25 pm »
I’ve always used 6mm microbore. Light and flexible.
I also use slick-connect system. It worked great . Best connection for joining reel hose to pole hose imo. It saves the hose catching on objects so much in a days work. (Don’t bother if using hot though, it cracks with the heat over short time).Especially good with the Exceed innovation setup., Univalve.
You can use the red hose too, it'll be fine with cold and if you get the immersion fitted. I used thermobore for quite a few years and I was only using the immersion. It lasted really well.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 04:48:33 am »
we have run most hoses on the market stuff from the likes of pure freedom -super weak hose from water genie ect ect ect and after many changes and spending loads of cash trying different ones we have gone back to using gardiners hoses weather that been 8-6 ml we find them then best  of them all

the last of the none gardiners hose we have left is on a two man system 1x6ml from g and 1x red 6ml from pure freedom these were put on the same time and worked the same amount of hours and a year later the gardiners is better by far on cold morning to the point i am now thinking of binning the red stuff   just wish alex would make a different color then yellow

paul alan

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2018, 07:38:52 am »
I've been using the Gardiners green PU for months, it seems the best so far.

I would be reluctant to use it as me reel hose though as I run my across the roads often, I did hear about someone who did this and the wheel of a car picked up the hose and tore the pole out of his hands and dragged it down the street.

a900

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2018, 03:00:24 pm »
I've been using the Gardiners green PU for months, it seems the best so far.

I would be reluctant to use it as me reel hose though as I run my across the roads often, I did hear about someone who did this and the wheel of a car picked up the hose and tore the pole out of his hands and dragged it down the street.

That exact thing happened to me about 4-5 years ago. Avoid running the hose along main roads where possible now. Although the driver drove over where the hose had coiled over on itself.

P @ F

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 05:47:05 pm »
I was running Gardiner green on my reel , but took it off due to the safety aspect above .
Its just too light
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dd

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 05:47:12 pm »
When I lay hose over a road I always make sure it is flat and not kinked or coiled. Personally I would not want a vehicle to run over pole hose though.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2018, 06:04:25 pm »
DO NOT use pole hose as reel hose....IMO its dangerous.....its too easy for it to loop in the air and cause more of a trip hazard or get caught on a moving vehicle......its not worth the risk......
price higher/work harder!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2018, 12:16:16 pm »
if you ve been WFP for a few years i cant believe some of you still use 8mm hose and lift your reels in and out of the van!your just making your working day harder for yourselves....

get yourself a fixed reel with 6mm microbore (preferably electric) when funds allow........you wont regret it......
I’ve just switched from 8mm to 6mm and wow what a difference. Lighter & easier to manage & reel in. Pumps & controllers are fine with it. I was reluctant to change as my 8mm on both reels in one van was only just over a year old. Have always had fixed reels in both vans but now we have two reels in each & all 6mm. I would try electric but I’m not buying four!

premier window cleaners

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2018, 01:35:16 pm »
Whats 6mm like running 2 men off one hose using Y splitter?

Thanks

jonboywalton75

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2018, 04:27:18 pm »

Thanks
I didn't find it the best to be honest
I managed for 3 weeks with my son but any longer and I'd have fitted an extra pump

paul alan

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2018, 04:30:31 pm »

Thanks

When one turns off the others pressure goes up and vice versa, a nightmare.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2018, 04:39:23 pm »

Thanks

When one turns off the others pressure goes up and vice versa, a nightmare.

Yeah it's not the best is it!!

NWH

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2018, 04:56:44 pm »
There are some that are better than others quality wise I can’t remember for the life of me which 1s the best make wise,I found over the years it’ll last far far longer if you are gentle with it inas much that you don’t yank it round brickwork etc. The best quality hose will split and tear if you abuse it,I just go for 6mm inner microbore with hot water water I’ve tried them all andas Daz has said 8mm might not sound much bigger but in reality it is,you’ll notice that 2mm far more unless you are on an electric reel.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2018, 07:01:51 pm »

Thanks
As said above, pretty crap I would say. We have two pumps, two reels & two controllers in each van so no spike or slowdown in flow.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2018, 07:15:59 pm »
DO NOT use pole hose as reel hose....IMO its dangerous.....its too easy for it to loop in the air and cause more of a trip hazard or get caught on a moving vehicle......its not worth the risk......
Yeh especially when you don't carry trip hazard cones anymore eh?! ;D